titiserra

Upgrades On DL

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:46 pm

Hi I know this topic may have been discussed before, but I would like to know if it's frequent to be upgraded at DL transatlantic flights. I fly tomorrow from BCN with Delta and I am a FF with 60000 miles on AF&KLM (skyteam) ...should I try?

Thanks to all

Jumpseat70

RE: Upgrades On DL

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:04 pm

We do not upgrade anyone the day of departure on Transatlantic flights. You must pull miles from your account and use them to purchase a first class ticket or business class ticket. The only paxs that would be upgraded day of departure are non revs.
"Up, Up and away with TWA"

GSPSPOT

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:44 pm

I am a NW Worldperks member with very close to 100,000 miles. Can you purchase a ticket on DL (or CO) with a mileage upgrade, like you can on nwa.com?

For instance, you can fly GSP-LAS for something like $350.00 plus 30,000 miles roundtrip. Is it possible for a Worldperks member to do on DL or CO as well? Thanks.
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

panamair

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Quoting Titiserra (Thread starter):
Hi I know this topic may have been discussed before, but I would like to know if it's frequent to be upgraded at DL transatlantic flights. I fly tomorrow from BCN with Delta and I am a FF with 60000 miles on AF&KLM (skyteam) ...should I try?

I assume you mean a "free, involuntary(in airline terms)" upgrade (i.e., not having to spend miles or money, etc.). In that case, 99.999% sure it will not happen unless:
i) flight is overbooked in Y and wide open in C AND
ii) all possible DL SkyMiles Elite members have been upgraded AND
iii) then, if they still need to involuntarily bump anyone up, you have paid a pretty high Y fare (starting with "Y", then "B", then "M"...)

As of now, tomorrow's DL95 is not overbooked in Y so, sorry, no chance.

titiserra

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:53 pm

Ok, thanks, i see I won't be upgraded. But by the way, I've recently read that some DL planes have had diversions and fuel stops. It's likely to happen on DL95 this saturday?
Thanks

panamair

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:30 pm

Quoting Titiserra (Reply 4):
I've recently read that some DL planes have had diversions and fuel stops. It's likely to happen on DL95 this Saturday?

Should not be a problem as the fuel stops have been happening only on ATL flights. DL95 would have come in from JFK and is heading back to JFK.

A few months ago, DL 95 did have a stop scheduled in BOS (ended up in Bangor, ME) but that was because the inbound JFK-BCN flight was delayed and there were crew duty time issues which meant the DL95 crew could not legally fly all the way back to JFK (had to have a replacement crew in BOS/Bangor)

IAHFLYR

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:24 pm

GSPSPOT on CO you can purchase the ticket and then upgrade using miles with some exceptions....like if you buy the lowest priced ticket if you are not Elite in the OnePass or Worldperks program you can't even upgrade using miles. On some international flights you can pay to upgrade your ticket and then use miles to get into the Business First cabin. Speaking from experience on international flights on CO, I would find a way to do that, learn their program from the website under the frequent flyer tab and go from there. Sure does pay to use the same carrier all the time to gain that Elite status, upgrades are very nice on CO/NW.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.