SonOfACaptain
Topic Author

Furloughed Notices Go Out To MDA Pilots :(

Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:26 am

Well, the "junior" pilots over at MDA have recently been issued their furloughed letters. I will have more information when it comes out. Best of luck to all MDA pilots out there.

Oh, for anyone who is counting....yes these pilots are being furloughed from being furloughed.  sigh 

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

A330323X

RE: Furloughed Notices Go Out To MDA Pilots :(

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:20 am

Yeah, they suck, nothing new.

On a related note, I was actually impressed at how quickly ALPA filed a grievance on the existing Republic EMB-170 flying. Good job, for a change.

MEC Grievance 05-09-01 was filed today. It has come to the Association’s attention that Republic Airlines is flying EMB 170s under the US Airways code in violation of Section 1 of the US Airways Pilots Working Agreement, the July 2002 Restructuring Agreement, and LOAs 83, 84, and 91.

As we stated in MEC Grievance 05-06-04, the Company’s transaction with Republic Airlines is a change in control of MDA and a MDA Affiliate Event. It is ALPA’s position that all MidAtlantic pilots are entitled to 100% of the positions at Republic Airlines and 50% of all future vacancies that are operated under the provision specifically outlined in LOA 91. The Company’s position, however, is that the EMB 170s should be operated under the Jets for Jobs protocol.

It has come to the attention of the Association that Republic Airlines is flying the EMB 170 for pay purposes as defined in Section 2 (O) of the Pilots Working Agreement without even bothering to comply with the Jets for Jobs protocol requiring 50% staffing by APL pilots, which is the Company’s own interpretation that ALPA has already grieved. These operations are therefore in violation of Section 1 of the US Airways pilots Working Agreement, the Jets for Jobs protocol in the July 2002 Restructuring Agreement, and LOAs 83,84, and 91, as interpreted by the Company.

ALPA seeks the immediate cessation of flying of the EMB 170s under the US Airways code at Republic Airlines, except in accordance with the above-referenced contract provisions or in accordance with the change of control and MDA affiliate event provisions as applicable.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

juventus

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:24 am

Who that hell is MDA? Is it Mid Atlantic?

SonOfACaptain
Topic Author

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Quoting A330323X (Reply 1):
I was actually impressed at how quickly ALPA filed a grievance on the existing Republic EMB-170 flying. Good job, for a change.

Wait a minute? ALPA doing something that doesn't benefit the big boys? Impossible.  sarcastic 

Quoting Juventus (Reply 2):
Who that hell is MDA? Is it Mid Atlantic?

Yes sir, MidAtlantic Airways....a division of US Airways mainline.

-SOAC

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:43 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 3):

Yes sir, MidAtlantic Airways....a division of US Airways mainline.

And here I was wondering why I hadn't heard of Mandarin furloughing anyone.
7 hours aint long-haul

SonOfACaptain
Topic Author

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:01 am

An interesting fact is that the furloughes are to come on Oct. 15, a month in which MDA loses no flying.

-SOAC