soups

Monarch Discontinues Accra's Service?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:15 am

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=89853

the demise of our national flagship, Ghana Airways, thanks to massive mismanagement and corruption, Ghanaians have to resort to budget airlines to commute between Ghana and abroad. Yet in the wake of a startling revelation that some of these budget airlines have been barred from travelling to certain airports in Europe, Ghanaians especially students were yesterday subjected to yet another case of fraud and ‘ganged robbery’ as the aircraft carrier, Monarch Airlines issued letters that the Agents, Startrek Travel has gone bankrupt and that Monarch Airlines are owed some money
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

by188b

RE: Monarch Discontinues Accra's Service?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:24 am

It seems by reading between the lines in the article that Monarch cancelled the flight after the charterer didnt pay Monarch. That seems fair enough to me, i feel sorry for the passengers stranded at Gatwick though, but Monarch are a good quality and long established British airline. As for Flyjet, to say they are bankrupt is incorrect, they are growing and have just leased a 767-200 to join their fleet.
next flights : BD LHR-TXL J, FR SXF-STN Y, SN BRU-LHR Y, MA LHR-BUD Y, BA BUD-LHR J, BA LCY-SNN-JFK J, BA JFK-LHR J, BA

soups

RE: Monarch Discontinues Accra's Service?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:29 am

I think when the article refer to Flyjet, they refer to Flyjet's agent (GhanaTravel).
I totally agree with Monarch actions.
Article not clear to me if Monarch cancelled just the ONE flight or discontinues their service to ACC
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra