Topic Author

US Airways P@ssport

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:08 pm

I'm flying PHL-LGW next month on a US Airways A330 and was wondering about their P@ssport IFE system. shows what tv shows and movies are playing, but I'm curious to know if the system shows a map with the plane's location, altitude, airspeed, etc. What about an on-board camera? Thanks!!

RE: US Airways P@ssport

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Sorry, it doesn't have non of those features  Sad

Maybe they will update it one day.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:12 am

I enjoyed the video on demand when I flew back from Spain last spring. However, there is no airshow at all. I was also seated in the middle I had no view, no map. Kind of disappointing.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:02 am

Afraid there is no inflight map, flight info or cameras on the P@ssport system.

It is great IFE and has so much to choose from, but as US Airways were one of the first airlines to pioneer the AVOD system it lacks some of the features of airlines introducing it at the moment.

Also don't go to the cinema anytime soon before your flight.

I have flown US Airways about 16 times accross the Atlantic in the last 2yrs LGW-PHL/CLT and notice as part of a way of cutting back they are not showing the latest release films and continue to run the same film for 2-3 months. As before the films were latest releases.

One of my favourite features is the Jukebox where they have a selection of about 30 different albums and can creat your own playlist.

The A330's US use are great - the legroom is good and real comfy seats. Inflight service in economy is standard for a US airline.