Topic Author

New LH Booking Engine Online!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:40 pm

Finally Lufthansa has changed their reservation web-interface. Now they allow you to do searches for date ranges and display a matrix with prices for all days. Also, once you select the day you want, you will see all flights with available seats. At the same time you can pick your fare and it will immediately highlight the flights that will we opehn in that booking class. Finally they get a good booking engine. Iberia has had it for a long time....

Check it out - I think it's cool (And I normally don't think anything Lufthansa does can be cool...)

Topic Author

RE: New LH Booking Engine Online!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:37 pm

Gotta love those typos....

Here's the correct URL:

http://www.lufthansa.com

HT

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:37 am

At first I was impressed, but now I already came across two disadvantages:

- Only 2 sectors on 1 day may be searched for (i.e. no HAJ - INN - VIE - HAJ as a sameday return possible).
- Only flights with a LH code are selected and shown (option to search for flights of Star Alliance members is not available; GDN - WAW is only listed as connection via FRA instead of numerous nonstop services by LO).

`Hope LH will re-introduce these missing features !

-HT

EDIT: Also all my pending flights have disappeared from "My booking" ... GREAT  Sad At least I can see the details of a booking if I enter the booking code ...

[Edited 2005-09-14 20:44:37]
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Sabena332

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:49 am

Not bad, I wish AF would offer a similar booking engine, I really like it when you can see the fares of all flights of the day at a glance.

I won't book a LH flight though.  Silly

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!