mattnrsa

Significance Of Timing Of NW/DL Filings?

Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:44 pm

I find it odd that DL and NW filed for BK protection within hours of each other. I know the looming Oct 17 deadline played a role in their filings, but this deadline has been known for a while, and was still over a month away. I know they didn't want to lose more money out of the court's protection, but you'd think there would be at least a couple of days difference.

Do you think neither one wanted to be the main focus in the media? By filing on the same day, they are grouped together without either seeming to be in a more perilous position than the other.

Any other ideas?

RDUDDJI

RE: Significance Of Timing Of NW/DL Filings?

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:06 pm

Yeah, DH (or anyone else, really) sneaks in a filing over the next few days...when everyone is still focused on the DL/NW situation...

Who knows...
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

COEWR

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:29 pm

NW did it because of that pension payment they had coming up...I would imagine DL saw that and realized what was going to happen and didn't want to get caught on its own with regards to the media.

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 1):
Yeah, DH (or anyone else, really) sneaks in a filing over the next few days...when everyone is still focused on the DL/NW situation...

I think if anyone files in the next week or so it will be totally overshadowed by NW and DL. Time for DH to go I think.

-C

TWFirst

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:45 pm

Quoting Mattnrsa (Thread starter):
I find it odd that DL and NW filed for BK protection within hours of each other.

Actually, it was within minutes of each other... NW filed approx. 30 minutes after DL.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

roseflyer

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:49 pm

Quoting Mattnrsa (Thread starter):
I know the looming Oct 17 deadline played a role in their filings

The bankruptcy laws change on September 17th. So that was a key factor even though the changes to Chapter 11 bankruptcy were not that big.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!