Vimanav
Topic Author

What's The Best Trainer Aircraft

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:41 am

What are the trainer aircraft currently in production, single engined as well as multi-engined?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

rgds//Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

ZSOFN

RE: What's The Best Trainer Aircraft

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:46 am

From my brief RAF experience, I gotta say I love the good old Bulldog for early flying experience, and then the mighty Tucano as used for fast jet training - it's that good!

legacy135

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:59 am

In production right now, are the Piper PA-28-181 Warrior, the French Robin DR400 of which several versions are available and for sure, the Austrian built Diamond DA20 Katana. There are several aircrafts certified in lighter classes which work there as trainers as well.

The Katana has the advantage of the fuel economic Rotax engine and will make up the training considerably cheaper than older designs.

The Warrior and the Robins are 3 to 4 seaters, a little more expensive but the pilot can take passengers along right after the exam without the need to transition to another plane.

I trained many pilots on the PA-28's, like them very much and can recommend the plane. Anyhow, my real favorites as trainers are the French Robin and the Swiss AS202 Bravo (out of production for a while) as both of them are real nice in the controls. The Bravo even allows some aerobatics, so spins in the training can be done.

Vimanav
Topic Author

Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:43 pm

What is the feedback on the Cessna Skyhawk and the Trinidads?

rgds//Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

SkyexRamper

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:33 pm

As a pilot with all 172 time...P, SP and XP models, I can attest to their stability, easy to fly and toughness. Plus a view downward.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!