ricardofg

AC New Colour Scheme

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:21 pm

hey everyone,
just curious, when are AC narrowbodies going under heavy maintenance so they get the new colour treatment and not the hybrid sticker on the tale...ii LOVE the new scheme, but i hate the hybrid look, i think it makes the planes look dirty...the new scheme which has taken much criticism looks hot in the sunlight...now if AC could just change those godawful uniforms, T1 would be a great place to walk around in YYZ ...lol

longhauler

RE: AC New Colour Scheme

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:30 pm

I have to agree, the pictures don't do it justice. When you walk around the aircraft, you see the green accent paint, that compliments the rest of the scheme perfectly. Like the green registration, the green door/exit outlines, and the green shadow effect on the Air Canada name/logo on the side of the aircraft.

I too dislike the hybrid scheme, as the tail has a blue background, which does not blend well into the white fuselage. The whole look is unfinished.

The newest version of the paint scheme is on the narrow body Airbuses. It is less in your face BLUE and more of a lighter silver/grey mixed with blue. Seems to work better.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!