HiJazzey
Topic Author

Saudi EMB170 Deliveries

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:15 pm

According to an article in al-Riyadh newspaper, Saudi Arabian will receive their first Embraer 170 in mid-November. This will be followed by one in December, 2 in January and from then on once a month until December 06.
Looking forward to it  Smile

emrecan

RE: Saudi EMB170 Deliveries

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:25 pm

Why they don't buy A380 ? Big grin

I am sure during Hajj time I may have had a chance to fly with them on Istanbul-Madinah or Istanbul-Jeddah route  Smile

HUYfan

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:38 pm

Any idea where the EMJs will be based? Hopefully Dammam will get some allowing SV to increase frequencies on domestic routes. They would also be ideal for DMM-Gulf routes such at Kuwait and Dubai.

Regards

Mike

Billy

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:17 pm

I think that SV are still deciding where to deploy them. Some wil be doing domestic services but there is a push to get some into DMM (on routes like DXB).

HiJazzey
Topic Author

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:59 pm

Most will be used on feeder routes to minor airports. That way, they'll eliminate most "milk round" type flights.

SV777KiloAlpha

Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:49 am

HiJazzey is correct.

Saudi Arabian will base them in two airports, Hail in the north and Abha in the south and use them to feed the small domestic airports in those regions. This will free the MD90s to so more regional and domestic flights between the three international airports in the Kingdom.

Wink
HZ-AKA
PPL since 2006

HiJazzey
Topic Author

Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:41 am

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 1):
Why they don't buy A380 ? Big grin

I am sure during Hajj time I may have had a chance to fly with them on Istanbul-Madinah or Istanbul-Jeddah route Smile

I would've loved to see them ordering some A380s, but they don't have the demand for it. They might lease a few for Hajj, though.

HiJazzey
Topic Author

Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:49 am

Quoting SV777KiloAlpha (Reply 5):
HiJazzey is correct.

Saudi Arabian will base them in two airports, Hail in the north and Abha in the south and use them to feed the small domestic airports in those regions. This will free the MD90s to so more regional and domestic flights between the three international airports in the Kingdom.

Wink
HZ-AKA

What that also will do, is allow Saudi Arabian to retire some of the older metal.

emrecan

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:10 am

HiJazzey:

I want to ask u. One of my friend told me that he spoke with the manager of Saudia (may be with the CEO but I am not so sure). The manager told my friend that Saudia cannot make good profit with domestic flights so they reduce the domestic flights.

First I want to ask you is it true?

Second if it is true, can it be because Saudia uses widebodies even for domestic routes? (I flew 2-3 times with 777 and 747 between Madinah and Jeddah)

I guess with EMB170s they may try to make profit.

Thnx a lot for your answers.. Salaam Aleikum

HiJazzey
Topic Author

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:31 am

Emrecan,

و عليكم السلام

Domestic services are a mixed bag. Some are very profitable, while some are only there for public service (some domestic airports in Saudi serve less than 10k passengers in a year!). So yes, if it was up to them, they would drop services to the likes of Turaif, Hofuf, Hafr alBatin, Dwadmi etc... but they can't. So they're running feeder services to them once those EMB170s arrive.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos