Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JoFMO

RE: Copa Proposed Routes With New EMB Jets

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:02 am

With Copa becoming stronger and stronger is there a change for new US destinations?

Avianca

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:18 am

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 50):
With Copa becoming stronger and stronger is there a change for new US destinations?

I would say, they should introduce flights to BOS and ORD

2travel2know

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:31 am

Quoting Luisca (Reply 48):
That's not really a problem, getting a mexican visa is the easiest thing to do.

Out of personal experience, I'd challenge that.

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 49):
Also, at least from Colombia and Venezuela, there are a nice number of charters to CUN which take away a lot of connecting pax.

True, but usually with charters if those aren't flying weekly, there'll be plenty of empty legs. A daily PTY-CUN-PTY would mean people at CM destinations could even take 2night/3day holidays in CUN without been tied to charters one-week holiday programmes.

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 50):

I think CM must open new E190/170 US destinations, there comes a point whatever connecting options they get with the CO PTY-IAH/EWR and IAH-PTY (EWR-PTY doesn't arrive PTY at a hub times) won't be enough; specially in the Southeast USA.
Call me crayze, but I would see them at least studying if profitable to fly - from thrice weekly to daily - to: FLL, PBI, RSW, TPA, JAX, MSY, IAH (PTY hub evenning dep / morning arr), SAT, AUS, DFW, ATL, CLT, RDU, MEM, BNA... Not sure if destinations like ELP, ABQ, OKC, STL, CVG, IAD, BWI are within E190 range from PTY. PTY Flights to/from many of the destinations mentioned before fit CM morning hub departure / evenning hub arrival.

RCS763AV

Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:12 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 52):
Call me crayze, but I would see them at least studying if profitable to fly - from thrice weekly to daily - to: FLL, PBI, RSW, TPA, JAX, MSY, IAH (PTY hub evenning dep / morning arr), SAT, AUS, DFW, ATL, CLT, RDU, MEM, BNA... Not sure if destinations like ELP, ABQ, OKC, STL, CVG, IAD, BWI are within E190 range from PTY. PTY Flights to/from many of the destinations mentioned before fit CM morning hub departure / evenning hub arrival.

Nice list...but SAT, MEM, RSW, JAX, BNA, AUS...and others are UNREAL.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 52):
True, but usually with charters if those aren't flying weekly, there'll be plenty of empty legs. A daily PTY-CUN-PTY would mean people at CM destinations could even take 2night/3day holidays in CUN without been tied to charters one-week holiday programmes.

No one takes a 2 day vacation to CUN. All of this pax go for at least 4 day/3 night stays, which are covered by the charters.

2travel2know

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:52 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 51):
I would say, they should introduce flights to BOS and ORD

There may be talks about IAD or BWI, SFO and YYZ. Maybe ORD and ORD too.

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 53):
Nice list...but SAT, MEM, RSW, JAX, BNA, AUS...and others are UNREAL.

About the UNREAL, I didn't say "CM must fly to those destinations" when I wrote the list, I wrote: "I would see them at least studying if profitable to fly - from thrice weekly to daily - to:"
I might disagree w/you on 4 of those you listed.

No one takes a 2 day vacation to CUN. All of this pax go for at least 4 day/3 night stays, which are covered by the charters.

Because of the hub and CM daily (or twice daily flights) Panamanians do take 3day/2night vacation packages whenever we feel like it and CM does a good job marketing those here.

Avianca

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:56 am

w

SAT, MEM, RSW, JAX, BNA, AUS...

I see good potential for SAT,MEM and RSW maybe also JAX...

and as before mentioned by 2travel2know, ATL is up there... I would say ATL would be the first of the list.

regards
Avianca

RCS763AV

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 54):

Quoting Avianca (Reply 55):

Yes and VH should start flying to MKE, they could take all those transfer pax to MKE via CCS, its the biggest hub in the world....or AR should start YYC! getting tired of that story you know... yawn 

Anyway, some destinations CM could see a big potential in are ATL, FLL, TPA, DFW, IAH, SFO, ORD...

Avianca

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:29 am

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 56):
Yes and VH should start flying to MKE, they could take all those transfer pax to MKE via CCS, its the biggest hub in the world....or AR should start YYC! getting tired of that story you know...

great comment! it seems you are a  liar  ...  rotfl 

cheers

2travel2know

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 56):
Yes and VH should start flying to MKE, they could take all those transfer pax to MKE via CCS, its the biggest hub in the world....or AR should start YYC! getting tired of that story you know...

To comment what you wrote:
MKE is Chicago 3rd major airport, it has an International Arrival Gate and one day a Mexican and/or Caribbean (Jamaican?) airline may be interested to fly there.
There is a demand for non-stop international flights to Canada from Latinamerica. Maybe if TA would try YYC and YVR... and I'm sure AR would fly 1st to YVR before YYC !!

RCS763AV

Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:44 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 58):
To comment what you wrote:
MKE is Chicago 3rd major airport, it has an International Arrival Gate and one day a Mexican and/or Caribbean (Jamaican?) airline may be interested to fly there.
There is a demand for non-stop international flights to Canada from Latinamerica. Maybe if TA would try YYC and YVR... and I'm sure AR would fly 1st to YVR before YYC !!

Your kidding me right??? I was being sarcastic + that wont happen in at least a decade....

bhmbaglock

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:27 am

Quoting PRGLY (Thread starter):
P.S. - what routes TAME is going to use EMB 170 recently delivered
thanks

Just guessing, but they'll probably be used a lot like the F28 - most likely a direct replacement as they have/had two F28 as I recall. When I was working in Quito, these were mostly used for Cuenca, Loja, Esmeraldas, and other minor destinations as well as a couple of UIO-GYE flights each day during the slower times of the day.

I don't think the F28 was ever used to Galapagos but could definitely see the E170 and even more likely E190 on this route at times.

Two things about TAME always impressed me:

1. Very good at keeping their schedule
2. Even on a super short flight like UIO-GYE you always got a drink and snack/meal - their FA staff hustle!

I need to get back down soon - not many chances left to ride a 727-100 unless you're in a UPS/Fedex box anymore.

TACAA320

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:48 pm

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 58):
Maybe if TA would try YYC and YVR...

Trying to be realistic, I don't see TA flying these routes now. Only Toronto.
Canada impossed an entry visa to some Central American citizens, and obtaining one is maybe more difficult than the U.S. one. I really hope to fly the new CM's Embraers in some of their routes as soon as possible.

One great new one maybe FLL [since USAirways is retiring soon from SJO].

My best wishes CM!

luisca

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Copa will probably start Toronto soon (as has been rumored for a long time)
I also suppose IAD IAH DAL and ATL, as soon as they get the new 737's they ordered and once the EMB start rolling in this will free up some 737's that will most likely see new routes.

I dont understand US Airways decision to leave PTY, SJO and SAL, They were Doing great, at least in the PTY route. I just dont understand. I miss the competition, Going to visit my Family is costing me almost 700 dollars in AA (Always Awfull) I prefer Copa but the schedule wasnt convinient and TACA sent me to SAL, SJO and then PTY. US airways would have been perfect (cause I live in north Dade so Im close to FLL) I hope that now that the merged with HP they will bring back Central American Routes, We need competition from MIA to Central America, prices are stupidly high.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos