sanjet

Scientists: Cut Air Travel For Environment

Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:30 am

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ap_on_sc/climate_change_aviation_2

I think if car makers made the same technological advances in reduction in energy use as aviation did in the last 30 years, we would'nt have these problems! We'd have cars running on fuel cells by now!!
I know aircraft emit a lot of CO2 at high alt, but we only use 3-4% of the oil produced.
Will Fly For Food!

KUGN

RE: Scientists: Cut Air Travel For Environment

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 am

Alarming.

Enviromentalists will pose significant threat to the growth of air travel in Europe, USA and elsewhere within next 15 years. According to the article, they are proposing more taxes, like there hasn't been any.

In my opinionion, if anything, airline travel needs to see reduction in taxation. Air travel is the whehicle of every economy, and should be treated as such.

Enviromentalists' threat will coencide with the growth of airline industry in west and east asia - where most likely their influence won't be able to stiffle the airline growth. Increasingly difficult times are ahead of BA, LH, KLM, and other european airline giants. Before they experiance the fate of airlines in USA, they should wake up and face the alarming need to counter the enviromentalists' goals.