Tiger119
Topic Author

LifeLine Helicopter/Methodist Hosp/Indianapolis

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:16 am

Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis has added a third LifeLine helicopter to their fleet. They used to keep their two at Methodist Hospital downtown Indianapolis but last year they moved the Nurse/Paramedic/Pilot crew to Kokomo and the new/third crew will be based in Terre Haute. The crew that is based at Methodist is a Doctor/Nurse/Pilot team. They fly Eurocopter BK117s.

http://www.eurocopter.com/site/FO/sc...eFO_contenu.php?lang=EN&noeu_id=40

My question is where in Kokomo is their second crew based out of and where in Terre Haute are they going to base their third crew? My guess with the third crew they will keep them at HUF because of the Air National Guard unit that is there, I think it is the 181st Fighter wing. But where is a suitable place in Kokomo for a medivac crew. Also, the rumor has it that they are going to add yet a fourth crew and aircraft and place them in Greensburg, Indiana. Where in Greensburg would they put a crew. I think Shelbyville, Indiana is a better spot because there is a Army National Guard Aviation unit based at GEZ.
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!