ricardofg

AI To Go 6x Weekly YYZ-BHX-ATQ-DEL?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:37 pm

hey everyone,
i was speaking to a Air India rep at YYZ today and they said that AI is planning to increase their frequency to 6x weekly out of YYZ...has anyone else heard this??

mrniji

RE: AI To Go 6x Weekly YYZ-BHX-ATQ-DEL?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Quoting RicardoFG (Thread starter):
has anyone else heard this??

I heard 5 x a week, but that was two months ago. The route is running very well, and with two more 777s soon, it is not unlikely. Don't be surprised of a FRA-SFO announcement soon
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

karan69

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:59 pm

Quoting MrNiji (Reply 1):
Don't be surprised of a FRA-SFO announcement soon

So the routes for the 2 777s seem to be FRA-SFO--3x weekly and supplement another 3x weekly DEL-ATQ-BHX-YYZ flight, which aint surprising at all given that they have above 80% loads on almost all flights.

mrniji

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:13 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 2):
So the routes for the 2 777s seem to be FRA-SFO--3x weekly and supplement another 3x weekly DEL-ATQ-BHX-YYZ flight, which aint surprising at all given that they have above 80% loads on almost all flights.

I have no clue how it will be later, but your assumption seems very profound! 1 Rustbucket for SFO (3+3 +1 off), one for extension of existing ATQ-YYZ.. now if I am not mistaken, this does give room for 2/3 weekly SYD (if they are rotated properly) - top priority.
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Nimish

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:32 pm

Quoting MrNiji (Reply 1):
and with two more 777s soon

Hey - where are these 2 new 777s from? Was there a thread on this that I missed?

Will the FRA-SFO be extensions of a new BOM-FRA flight? Any chance of a BLR-FRA-SFO routing?
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR

airish

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:51 pm

Adding more frequencies to YYZ makes sense as Jet Airways is looking to start flights to BHX. Lets hope AI can SFO as well there would be a strong VFRS and business market. Hope it happens this winter.

Rather than SYD MrNiji I would like to see more flights to LHR for 3 reasons one as it would be shorter than SYD so if has AI has aircraft problems it will be easer to get flights back to schedule and reposition crew. It keeps B777 crew only in 2 places outside India Europe and North America. Other airlines such as BA are starting flights from destinations such as BLR and second daily flights to BOM and DEL. So to stay completive AI will have to offer more flights to LHR.
Worlds Only Reputable Airline Air India! Some Of The Least: BA, Jet (9w), Kingfisher!

David_itl

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:19 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 2):

Any ideas on the how just the DEL-ATQ-BHX (and return) sector is performing? The provisional CAA statistics show 2001 passengers in August on the route (I think 28 services operated, average of 70 passengers per flight).

David

B742

Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:44 am

I would like to see AI to go 5/6x weekly at BHX!

Are AI looking at adding more 744's, maybe some more ex SQ birds?

Rob!  Smile

karan69

Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:48 am

Quoting David_itl (Reply 8):
Any ideas on the how just the DEL-ATQ-BHX (and return) sector is performing? The provisional CAA statistics show 2001 passengers in August on the route (I think 28 services operated, average of 70 passengers per flight).

David

David, is there any info or statistics regarding the second part of the leg i.e. BHX-YYZ, how are the loads on those flights, are AI popular among the Brits in the BHX, telford areas.

David_itl

Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:11 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 12):
is there any info or statistics regarding the second part of the leg i.e. BHX-YYZ

It's difficult to work out - there were an additional 1100 passengers on that route in August compared to August 2004, but whether that's down to AI alone if there's been an increase in services by other airlines I don't know. Assuming it was all because of AI, then it's an average pick-up of around 35 passengers per flight.

Perhaps the ATQ-DEL-YYZ part of the route is the principal reason for operating the service, with the known demand for an Indian service from the Midlands on a better known airline than those offering one-stop via other countries helping to fill the aircraft. I wonder if 4 A310s a week focusing on just the point-to-point of India-BHX might be more beneficial for BHX in the long-run?

David
ps We want them back in MAN!

mainMAN

Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:21 am

Quoting David_itl (Reply 13):
ps We want them back in MAN!

I'd prefer Jet. Or bmi!

CHI787ORD

Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:23 am

Quoting RicardoFG (Thread starter):
i was speaking to a Air India rep at YYZ today and they said that AI is planning to increase their frequency to 6x weekly out of YYZ...has anyone else heard this??

Alitalia is considering flying to ATQ!! Finally, an option for the Punjabi's like me living in Chicago.

jaysit

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 pm

Quoting David_itl (Reply 8):

Its a 3X weekly flight. Doesn't that work out to 12-14 services in August? If so, that would be almost 140-160 pax per flight on that route.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Boeing747_600

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Quoting CHI787ORD (Reply 16):
Alitalia is considering flying to ATQ!! Finally, an option for the Punjabi's like me living in Chicago.

Eh?!

Just in case you were exploring the remote possibility of appearing stylishly facetious, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but AI (as cited by the thread originator) is indeed the code for Air India. Alitalia's code is AZ.

mrniji

Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:56 pm

Quoting Boeing747_600 (Reply 18):
Just in case you were exploring the remote possibility of appearing stylishly facetious, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but AI (as cited by the thread originator) is indeed the code for Air India. Alitalia's code is AZ.

But he IS righT! Even AZ is exploring the possibility at the moment  Wink - ATQ is attractive (too many Panjus abroad), so no wonder Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Air Slovakia fly there

CHI787ORD

Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:22 pm

Quoting Boeing747_600 (Reply 18):
Eh?!

I know my airline codes... It was just a quick segue.  Smile

BandA

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:47 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 15):
Quoting Boeing747_600 (Reply 10):
What on earth was the ban for, anyway?!?!

I have no fcuking clue. And neither does he. I just wonder why they can't revoke this ban, in the interest of anet. Maybe coz there are some rivalties, making people to behave like small pussycats. Well, OK, let's discuss about new routes from LASX to San Jose by UA and AA

haha! I didnt know he was banned again (I think he has been banned before too - though I havent been around Anet for that long) I dont get it either. In my opinion his posts are always great!

Its a shame he doesnt update his website either anymore.

Quoting CHI787ORD (Reply 16):

Thats awesome! more flights to ATQ means that "eventually" in the next 30-40 years the ATQ facilities will be "updated" to handle the traffic of today.
"They [Terrorists] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - GWB

David_itl

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:56 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 17):
Its a 3X weekly flight. Doesn't that work out to 12-14 services in August?

It does but rememeber 12-14 arrivals and 12-14 departures make 26-28 flights operated = the worst case scenario of 70 pax per flight (or 140 per return service),

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 15):
It rather looks like that something is wrong with your calculation approach

I was only going off the 70% loads that AI attracted at MAN on a 4 weekly service via FCO on A310s; with a bigger catchment area for the Indian commmunities throughout the Midlands area compared to Northwest England and Yorkshire, I would envisage that the frequency I suggested may be okay to operate without the need for an en-route stop.

David

hammerb32

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:28 am

Hi Dave,

Are those loads you mention on the BHX - Toronto leg ? Locally it has been suggested that loads between Amritsar - BHX are consistently 90% plus. The rumours doing the rounds in BHX are that AI will go 6xweekly between ATQ and BHX but not on the Toronto leg. Jet will shortly announce a 3xweekly BHX - ATQ service again with no onward connection to Toronto, there is even a rumour that Indian Airlines are looking at BHX - ATQ, this seems a bit far fetched to me but here's hoping. Fly Jet have recently confirmed a new weekly service starting this winter from BHX - ATQ via I think via Baku.

The demand for flights to ATQ from the Midlands is massive, at the moment there are effectively 15 flights a week between BHX and ATQ:
AI fly 3xweekly direct, Turkmenistan fly 4xweekly via Ashkabad, Uzbekistan fly 4xweekly via Tashkent and Air Slovakia fly 4xweekly via Bratislava. That isn't including the amount of pax going via Dubai with EK on their 2 daily flights.

An A310 is out of the question as it would not only be too small but I doubt it would make BHX - ATQ non-stop. Weather or not the Toronto leg is expanded remains to be seen and is not a rumour doing the rounds in Brum, if it were that would mean 2 rotations a day for AI from BHX so I wouldn't be complaining.

Ian

blrBird

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:45 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 4):
Any chance of a BLR-FRA-SFO routing?

This is high up there on AI wish list!
from star dust....

jaysit

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:49 am

Quoting David_itl (Reply 17):
It does but rememeber 12-14 arrivals and 12-14 departures make 26-28 flights operated = the worst case scenario of 70 pax per flight (or 140 per return service),

But that's only the DEL-ATQ-BHX flight, isn't it?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

CHI787ORD

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Quoting Hammerb32 (Reply 18):
That isn't including the amount of pax going via Dubai with EK on their 2 daily flights.

EK doesnt fly to ATQ.

mrniji

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Quoting Hammerb32 (Reply 18):
An A310 is out of the question as it would not only be too small but I doubt it would make BHX - ATQ non-stop.

Are you sure? PK flies their A310s to Britain, afaik, w/o problem (and TTQ is "just at the border"

Quoting BandA (Reply 16):
haha! I didnt know he was banned again (I think he has been banned before too - though I havent been around Anet for that long) I dont get it either. In my opinion his posts are always great!

He is banned for one or two years. Annd it is ridiculous how this thing is dealt with - no transprency, censorship .. yeah, but Western Users can do all shit here. The inconsistency of some mods...

HUYfan

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:10 pm

I would hope that Jet will come to MAN. PIA should take a look at the Swefly figures for LBA and start flights there in my opinion.

Regards

Mike

mrniji

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:39 pm

Quoting HUYfan (Reply 23):
I would hope that Jet will come to MAN.

Yeah, why do they compete with AI on that route (or is there some tacit agreement between 9W and AI, what I suspect????)? Moreover, everyone who had doubts before about AI's adventure Milk route (numerous threads) can see it confirmed that AI's idea was great! Why should 9W be willing to fly this route if it was not lucrative?

I just have the impressions that my Panju (Sadars et al) brothers and sisters need some chaotic service as from AI, where every "snag" will be compensated with another glass of whisky ! I remember last year on AI 164 FRA-DEL (many Panjus apart from me), how GREAT AI was! Chaotic but with heart! First we complain, then we make friends with the FAs! This was my BEST flight (you might remember my TR) - this FA was a genious! Better then the robot professional shit, but that's only me  Wink

BandA

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:38 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 24):
I just have the impressions that my Panju (Sadars et al) brothers and sisters need some chaotic service as from AI, where every "snag" will be compensated with another glass of whisky ! I remember last year on AI 164 FRA-DEL (many Panjus apart from me), how GREAT AI was! Chaotic but with heart! First we complain, then we make friends with the FAs! This was my BEST flight (you might remember my TR) - this FA was a genious! Better then the robot professional shit, but that's only me

haha, how true! as a punjabi+sardar I couldn't agree with you more. I personally dont drink alcohol (and I am not in denial) but most of my family/friends do. Take one of my uncles for example, while I am a big JAL fan and try to convince everyone to fly JAL, HE on the otherhand flew them twice so far and absolutely bad-mouths them everywhere... which I didnt get for a while as to why he woudl do that... then recently I overheard him talking to his friend and praising Air Canada for giving him a whole pint (or somethign like that) of bacardi when he asked and so on... that makes perfect sense as the last time I flew JAL with him he was complaining how the F/A kept giving him "tiny shots of booze and pathetic beer".

So it seems the only thing a airliner needs to do to make a panju happy is the offer generous amounts of liquor (AI), heck they can even recoup the cost by not offering any meals, as long as they liquor up the good old panju as soon as they walk on-board!

They will be hearing NOTHING BUT PRAISES!
"They [Terrorists] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - GWB

BandA

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:43 am

Mrniji,

I need to travel to India in late October (after 18th) and after reading your trip reports I have been thinking about giving good old AI another shot... I think I am going to stick to DEL for now, I am just not ready for ATQ. Need much more therapy for that.

I just need a one-way to DEL as I am unsure about my return date.

Any recommendations? perhaps you can put in good word with your "inside contact" at AI??    ???

I am trying orbitz to somehow "hook me up" with AI flights from LAX or ORD so far. Need your suggestion.

[Edited 2005-09-26 20:45:26]

Thomsonfly

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:01 am

Hi
I have just returned from a trip to YYZ with AI ex BHX and well the trip report will be online hopefully by the end of the week but the flights were full both ways, the aircraft VT-AIK very clean and cabin crew very informative and helpful. Im not one to praise an airline very often but Air India really deserved it. Pics and all sorts will be in the right forum like i say hopefully for the end of the week.

Load wise, approx 30-40 people joined the aircraft in BHX for the YYZ leg and same got off on the way home so the whole route cant be doing that bad at all, and i wouldnt be supprised at additional flights especially on the asian legs.

mark

JAGflyer

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:19 am

Quoting Thomsonfly (Reply 27):

Just curious, did they tape up your bags with tape reading "BHX" so that they know which ones to pull off in BHX? I know when I fly EL AL from LAX-YYZ they put this white tape all around my bag so that the ramp people take it off in YYZ. Otherwise it might go onto TLV!
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

Nimish

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:21 pm

Quoting Thomsonfly (Reply 27):
Pics and all sorts will be in the right forum like i say hopefully for the end of the week.

Looking forward to reading this trip report.

Quoting BandA (Reply 26):
I am trying orbitz to somehow "hook me up" with AI flights from LAX or ORD so far

I Don't think AI and the big bookings sites work too well together. To get the best deal on AI you'll have to call the numerous Indian focussed travel agents, they'll be able to get you a good deal on AI (possibly a return ticket with an open date on the return sector, valid for 4 months?)

mrniji

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:09 pm

Quoting BandA (Reply 25):
personally dont drink alcohol

Huh? You can't be a Sardar then  bigthumbsup 

So it seems the only thing a airliner needs to do to make a panju happy is the offer generous amounts of liquor (AI),

And some Haldirams snacks, please..  Wink - last time the crew was busy in distributing surplus amounts, it was quite funny! Big grin They also had Lays Chips, and everyone denied that crap  Wink - hers's tha desi style:

(pic from my TR - Feb flight on AI 165 DEL-FRA, in "The combi")

Here, they kept plenty of stuff in the back

And here' the free access to the bar Big grin

Any recommendations? perhaps you can put in good word with your "inside contact" at AI??

Hmmm.. even I have to pay everything every AI pax has to pay, so nothing to do here. However, a o/w is normally quite cheap on the AI Webpage online booking. Or ask, as Nimish recommended, an ethnic agent. AI's oneways are by far cheaper than that ogf the competition. You also may try OS here, I once booked my friend a TXL-DEL o/w for amazing EUR 300! But AI's webpage does a great job

Quoting Nimish (Reply 29):
I Don't think AI and the big bookings sites work too well together. To get the best deal on AI you'll have to call the numerous Indian focussed travel agents,

And this might be a reason why AI is so cheap. All these fees of these lousy big booking houses take make the tickets really expansive (they will charge service fees and "keep taxes intransparent" - it is no surprise that booking son the AI webpage have fewer taxes than anywhere else! Better stick to the ethnic agents, who book the tickets for 70- yr old Panjabi Chachiji, do a great job, than "centralizing" the entire business in the hand of a very few agents!  Wink (this is another topic). I prefer to "share and distribute business", so everyone earns a little (and the agents ARE the backbone of AI), but that's only my opinion

BandA

Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:07 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 30):

Huh? You can't be a Sardar then

yep, I am a disgrace to sardars lol

Any recommendations? perhaps you can put in good word with your "inside contact" at AI??

Hmmm.. even I have to pay everything every AI pax has to pay, so nothing to do here. However, a o/w is normally quite cheap on the AI Webpage online booking. Or ask, as Nimish recommended, an ethnic agent. AI's oneways are by far cheaper than that ogf the competition. You also may try OS here, I once booked my friend a TXL-DEL o/w for amazing EUR 300! But AI's webpage does a great job

you are right! AI website is awesome. The fares are very affordable and availability is there.

What I meant by "putting in word" was more like possibility of getting a seat up in the nose sort of a thing... its your fault damn you, you and your damn AI trip report now I only want to fly in that 1st row. Big grin (just kidding about the "damning you" part)

Anyways I am facing a dilemma, one on hand I just realized that I have a free round-trip awards ticket through JAL mileage bank (Apparently they wont do one-way) and on the other hand I want to try AI as this time my elderly parents wont be joining me and I want to check out /test AI.

We'll see how it goes, but AI is on my list and I hope to try them out again.

BandA

Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:12 am

So it seems the only thing a airliner needs to do to make a panju happy is the offer generous amounts of liquor (AI),

And some Haldirams snacks, please..

hehe, yes how could I forget!

btw, why doesnt AI start referring "Economy Class" as "Pendu/Village Class"?
I mean sure a lot of us Pendus probably fly Business (Baabu Class) but I am sure these guys would never admit being pendus.

btw, I am a pendu class flyer so no offense.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has actually flown to/from ATQ on this AI flight (YYZ-BHX-ATQ-DEL).

Does anyone have any seat pitch numbers? 29"??  Smile

mrniji

Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:23 am

Quoting BandA (Reply 31):
What I meant by "putting in word" was more like possibility of getting a seat up in the nose sort of a thing... its your fault damn you, you and your damn AI trip report now I only want to fly in that 1st row.

Then you will have to fly via TYO or BKK to catch the 74D (or LAX the 74M, not sure about its config though)  Wink - but try the rustbucket to ATQ.. from several reports, they are not bad at all, but even quite comfortable. They kept the UA config, and when I flew the UA777 several times, I found the journey extraordinary comfortable. It is definitely more than 29 (somewhere 33-34, I estimate.

AI does not pre-seat assignments. You can call them up the eve before though and tell them to put a msg for the preferred seat. It worked everytime for me, so I was Row 1 in the combi  Wink

ourboeing

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:26 am

I don't drink alcohol and I am a sardar Smile I am talking about hard liquor. Beer sheer.. sab chalda hai yaar..

By the way, after Continental and AA start flying non-stop to DEL, do you think AI will be able to do good on the US route? I am so looking forward to fly Continental 777 to Dilli yaar..

OURBOEING

LH459

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:03 am

Anyways I am facing a dilemma, one on hand I just realized that I have a free round-trip awards ticket through JAL mileage bank (Apparently they wont do one-way) and on the other hand I want to try AI as this time my elderly parents wont be joining me and I want to check out /test AI.

We'll see how it goes, but AI is on my list and I hope to try them out again.

You might consider an rtw routing--you could do something like JL to BKK, then AI to India and home via Europe. Routings like that are my specialty! Big grin MrNiji and I were discussing these things in a different thread.  Smile
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

CHI787ORD

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:19 am

Quoting BandA (Reply 32):
btw, why doesnt AI start referring "Economy Class" as "Pendu/Village Class"?
I mean sure a lot of us Pendus probably fly Business (Baabu Class) but I am sure these guys would never admit being pendus.

Me and my sister refer to the AI YYZ-BHX-ATQ flight as the "Pendu Express".
haha. Oh well, Im one of them too i guess.

Any word on LH coming to ATQ?

mrniji

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:50 am

Quoting OURBOEING (Reply 34):
I don't drink alcohol and I am a sardar

Now, it is great that on Anet minorities gather.. Sadarswho don't drink are minorities per se.. Big grin - people, did you get spoiled in the US of A?? What would Bibiji say?  bigthumbsup 

ourboeing

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:28 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 37):
Now, it is great that on Anet minorities gather.. Sadarswho don't drink are minorities per se.. - people, did you get spoiled in the US of A?? What would Bibiji say?

To top it all, I even became a vegetarian. Its been almost 4 years. I am a sardar who is married to a brahmin and she followed me became a vegetarian. Now thats what you call an infuence of a sardar Smile

I am much happier and leaner after becoming a vegetarian Smile

Cheers..

OURBOEING

karan69

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:28 am

Quoting OURBOEING (Reply 38):
To top it all, I even became a vegetarian.

don't drink alcohol and I am a sardar

Count me on that too

mrniji

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:30 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 39):

Count me on that too

you are all crazy.. Big grin - puh, I don't wanna deal with you guys anymore  Sad  Wink

Nimish

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:37 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 40):
you are all crazy.. Big grin - puh, I don't wanna deal with you guys anymore Sad Wink

This is one place where I agree with Subin!!  Smile. But remember, it does take all types to make this world - and the world would be boring if everyone were a drinking, meat eating sardar  Wink

aseem

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:40 am

to add to the variety, there was a one sardar guy in my Uni, and he used to speak in Bihari accent. It took us a while to understand what was so "odd" about him.  Wink
cheers!!
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

mrniji

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:45 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 41):
But remember, it does take all types to make this world - and the world would be boring if everyone were a drinking, meat eating sardar

And the next I will hear is a Sardar marrying a ST from Nagaland (or a lower-caste girl Tamil Nadu) and settling in the Shri Aurobindo Ashram in Auroville and subscribing to the frequent practice of Tantraic extacy and smoking pot .. Big grin (guys, who don't know me: please get the irony of this statement)

Thomsonfly

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:34 am

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 28):
Just curious, did they tape up your bags with tape reading "BHX" so that they know which ones to pull off in BHX? I know when I fly EL AL from LAX-YYZ they put this white tape all around my bag so that the ramp people take it off in YYZ. Otherwise it might go onto TLV!

really lol narh they are in seperate creates on AI with normal tags marked BHX  Smile

trip report online later tonight!!

mark

LH459

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:43 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 43):
Quoting Nimish (Reply 41):
But remember, it does take all types to make this world - and the world would be boring if everyone were a drinking, meat eating sardar

And the next I will hear is a Sardar marrying a ST from Nagaland (or a lower-caste girl Tamil Nadu) and settling in the Shri Aurobindo Ashram in Auroville and subscribing to the frequent practice of Tantraic extacy and smoking pot .. (guys, who don't know me: please get the irony of this statement)

rotfl 

I may not be Indian, but I have enough Indian friends to get it! Big grin
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

BandA

Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:23 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 40):
Quoting Karan69 (Reply 39):

Count me on that too

you are all crazy.. - puh, I don't wanna deal with you guys anymore

Sad does root "beer" count?

I don't drink alcohol and I am a sardar I am talking about hard liquor. Beer sheer.. sab chalda hai yaar..

OURBOEING

Ah! and you must be the sardar in the photos on Subins Trip Report.

Man that one photo where you guys are sitting practically at the edge of the runway (Mumbai I think) just makes me sick, I wish I could sit at the edge of the runway at my local airport wearing my turban with my Canon 20D and its hideous lenses without fearing harrassment!

To top it all, I even became a vegetarian. Its been almost 4 years. I am a sardar who is married to a brahmin and she followed me became a vegetarian.

Holy CRAP!! and here I thought I was the sole citizen of this new minority Subin had invented.

HAWK21M

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:48 pm

Quoting BandA (Reply 46):
Ah! and you must be the sardar in the photos on Subins Trip Report

That was another Sardar [AirIndia].
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)