ricardofg

Has Alitalia Altered Their Logo?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:38 am

hey everyone,
i could be seeing things but if you go onto alitalia.com, their logo appears to have changed with a darker green, and a more italics style writing...correct me if I am wrong but could it be a new livery on the way??

wingedarrow

RE: Has Alitalia Altered Their Logo?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:45 am

Yes, you're right. It would appear that this changed logo is part of the image renewal program Alitalia is launching together with the first positive economic results of the 2005-2008 recovery plan. The new logo is slowly appearing on commercials and on company material (e.g. tickets...)
אליטליה

DeltaWings

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:48 am

It looks good a bit jazzed up. Can we expect a new livery soon, if this is part of an image renewal programm?
Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

Alitalia744

Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:36 am

I'm not a fan of the italics used for the logo. The livery could use a little jazzing up, but don't change the font or "A"

ugh!
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

wingedarrow

Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:19 pm

Quoting DeltaWings (Reply 2):
Can we expect a new livery soon, if this is part of an image renewal programm?

Maybe, but I don't think that at the moment Alitalia has enough money to re-paint all its planes... Anyway, with us Italians you never know!!! I forgot to mention that the new logo appears even on the check-in counters of the newly dedicated Alitalia terminal at FCO (ex Terminal A) and on the machines for self check-in... I personally agree to an image "refreshment", but without radical changes...
אליטליה

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:33 pm

Here they are:

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

Lufthansa

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:21 am

I personally don't like it, hopefully this is quickly dropped.

A similar thing happened in the late 90s at Qantas where they took the famous red triangle which has the kangaroo in it, distorted it at an angle, and tried to place "wings" out the side of it. Nobody liked it... and it was dropped.

They've got something classy here..they shouldn't basteredise it. If they really want to change, then maybe something new all together but this one is a classic. Interesting enough, it was actually designed in San Fransico!

Maybe alitalia could do something with the 'A'... remember the Baci planes? and the silver one selling the watch...pretty impressive.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:46 am

Quoting Lufthansa (Reply 6):

Well, I do like it. I'd hate to see a total change on AZ's livery. It's a classic and shall not be changed. It's a beautiful and historical scheme. I think is one of the few schemes that are quite old fashion but fit in today's fashion.
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

stirling

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:33 am

Quoting Lufthansa (Reply 6):

It is a very subtle enhancement, I doubt anyone will notice except for on a subliminal level..
Delete this User

baw716

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:13 pm

I agree, I don't like it. They could have made it green and red instead of the black and red which are painted on the aircraft now. However, the current Alitalia logo is one of the most recognizable logos in the world, and has been since 1968 when it was first introduced.

The italics don't do anything to the logo, in fact it degrades the value of the logo that has stood for 37 years.

As far as livery changes, there does not need to be any changes to the livery, since the livery is just as classy now as it was when it was designed by Landor for Alitalia 37 years ago. It is one of the longest standing liveries in the world.

Let's see what public opinion in Italy is to the change; I think if they don't like it there, it will be changed back very fast. Italians are traditionalists and changing that logo, even as small as the change is, is a big deal.

baw716
David L. Lamb
fmr Area Manager Northern California
Alitalia
1998-2002
David L. Lamb, fmr Area Mgr Alitalia SFO 1998-2002, fmr Regional Analyst SFO-UAL 1992-1998

HEGAN

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:27 pm

I like it.

It would have been easier to read if it wasn't in italics. It gives a small fresh air to their image. Now seeing photos of Alitalia, the logo in blak seems ugly.

I'd really like Iberia made a little improvement like this.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © I-DISE - SpotIt

It will be much better with the logo in green.

Agur,
HEGAN
HEGAN: Euskadiko Aeronautikako eta Espazioko Clusterra

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos