LO231
Topic Author

OS/Lauda Business/Amadeus Class Top Notch!

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 am

I just had an experience on OS BRU-VIE-BOM-VIE-BRU in business class annd I must say, FlyAUA, YOU WERE WRONG!

The service on OS, but ex NG 767's aircraft is superb in business class, the personal service, with your name written on the menu, waas muuuuuuch more than I expected!

Chef on board, three different FA's coming with starters, entrees, and all, chef serving desserts from the trolley, come on.

I flew BA's Club World in March, and although I think they have the best product qua seat and everything( next trip to US in Feb) , my almost full recline "old" Amadeus class gave me more rest and definitely the service and amount of food was much better than I expected!!

I flew "China" 763 plane both times, I think it was OE-LAW, not sure, but you'll never hear me say a bad word about Austrian!

So impressed, trip report will follow, for sure!

Regards,
LO231

PS add to my list of 5 favouritte airlines: BA, OS, SA, CX, LO(only C-class, sorry, and yeah, the username then.)
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

LO231
Topic Author

RE: OS/Lauda Business/Amadeus Class Top Notch!

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:43 am

Any experiences on OS, please share, guys!

Regards,
LO231

salso

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:57 pm

I've flown Austrian a couple of times to the USA and some Medtierranean charter routes from Graz. I don't know if this is always the case, but on my flights, they fed me to death. I could barely breathe after meal services. Well done OS.

HB-IWC

Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:51 pm

Austrian has long been a hidden treasure when it comes to top-notch service, for sure in their Business Class. I've flown them on numerous occasions (T7, 763, 332, 343) and the service has consistently been outstanding: personalized, attentive with some of the best cuisine in the sky.

The only slightly negative point is that some of their C-class cabins are getting in need of a retrofit in order to stay up to par with other top notch executive products out there.

LO231
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:59 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 3):
The only slightly negative point is that some of their C-class cabins are getting in need of a retrofit in order to stay up to par with other top notch executive products out there.

Their 767 OE-LAW I was on, had Austrian colours, and I'm pretty sure the cabin was refurbished, it just looked so new.

Only the cutkery and plates and so wera Lauda's.

Regards,
LO231