motif1

Can Photos Be Trusted?

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:00 am

An interesting article in the October issue of Popular Science. On the internet at http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...6010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html.

In the paper magazine and on the web (at http://www.popsci.com/popsci/slidesh...10vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd/2.html) PopSci uses at least one A.NET photo
(
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Justin Cederholm

) but they are credited to Worth1000.com. Shouldn't they be credited to the photographers or A.NET?

Regards,

Motif1
Not only is this incomprehensible but the ink is ugly and the paper is from the wrong kind of tree

srbmod

RE: Can Photos Be Trusted?

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:19 am

The links you posted are bad......

MDorBust

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:22 am

If you are going to steal SXM photos for your magazine, at least steal the ones with girls in them and not men in bikinis  Sad

...or er... don't steal photo credit
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

wdleiser

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:43 am

Well I can tell you one thing, the A.net picture you posted is not the same picture as the one from Popular science. I am sure there are plenty of other pictures that have been taken at TNCM that are not at A.net

Everyone, on the first link you need to take out the period at the end and the second link you need to take out the ) at the end.

MDorBust

Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:36 am

It is not the same picture, but the two were most certainly taken on the same approach, and most likely from the same photog. They are probably sequenced shots.

Note: Same people, wearing same clother standing in same locations and looking the same direction. Also, the blue beach towels. The Popsci photo is too small to read the reg... but I would give good money on a bet that is the same plane one second or so before the A-net shot.

Wait...

There it be

The cropping is different and the color has been retouched.. but it's an a-net photo all right.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos