motif1

Bulgaria Air News

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:50 am

I'd like to share some news regarding Bulgaria and ask some questions.

First, it looks like Bulgarian airlines might be able to return to the US skies in a few months. A little detail here:
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=53182

Has anyone heard anything about Bulgaria Air's (or other BG carriers') long haul fleets' plans? Bulgaria Air only has 8 or 9 B737's. I don't see how they'd be able to fly to the US direct with them.

One historical question. I know that Balkan Airline used to fly to New York with a fuel stop along the way. Could anyone tell me details about their flights? What did use to fly (Russian or Boeing)? Where did they stop for fuel? I found only one Balkan picture on a.net (approaching JFK). It was a B767. I didn’t know that Balkan operated B767. I would guess they did for a very short period of time.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael F. McLaughlin

Other somewhat unrelated Bulgaria Air news:

Sofia-Paris Plane Returns over Tech Failure
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=53172

and

Bulgaria Air opens their 14th destination in the UK (Manchester)!!!
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=53195

Best regards,

Motif1
Not only is this incomprehensible but the ink is ugly and the paper is from the wrong kind of tree

ScottishLaddie

RE: Bulgaria Air News

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:49 am

Quoting Motif1 (Thread starter):
Bulgaria Air opens their 14th destination in the UK (Manchester)!!!

14th?! Really?! I need a list!  boggled 

motif1

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:35 am

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 1):
14th?! Really?! I need a list!

I think the list goes like this:

London Manchester
London Manchester
London Manchester
London Manchester
London Manchester
London Manchester
London Manchester

There you have it: 14 destinations.

I am sorry I posted without thinking. The airline has a total of a little over 20 destination.

Motif1
Not only is this incomprehensible but the ink is ugly and the paper is from the wrong kind of tree

JoKeR

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:59 am

Quoting Motif1 (Thread starter):
I know that Balkan Airline used to fly to New York with a fuel stop along the way

Perhaps our Bulgarian neighbors could correct me here but I don't think MLA was a technical stop, rather this routing was performed to collect pax, in code share with Air Malta.

I know that a similar plan was made to go via BEG with JU (late '90s) but the US carriers objected and it never happened.
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

flanker

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:31 pm

they are not going anywhere any time soon.

the only airline that might have a chance i think is Hemus Air/Balkan Holidays
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

motif1

Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Quoting Flanker (Reply 4):
they are not going anywhere any time soon.

the only airline that might have a chance i think is Hemus Air/Balkan Holidays

Why is that?
What would Hemus fly?

- motif1