LUVRSW
Topic Author

Northwest Plane Aborts Takeoff:engine Problem

Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:41 pm

kevi747

RE: Northwest Plane Aborts Takeoff:engine Problem

Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Gee, I wonder if we're going to have 300+ posts orgasmicly cheering what an amazing job the crew did in handling the situation like with the jetBlue incident the other day? hmmmm....  scratchchin 
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

StevenUhl777

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:07 pm

Quoting Kevi747 (Reply 1):
Gee, I wonder if we're going to have 300+ posts orgasmicly cheering what an amazing job the crew did in handling the situation like with the jetBlue incident the other day? hmmmm....

WOW! The crew did an amazing job in handling this situation. Reminds me of the JetBlue incident the other day!

(sorry...couldn't resist... Smile )
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

aviatortj

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:25 pm

Was waiting for this to be posted. As a friend said earlier, a DC-9 spits flames on command; it's like a B-25 leaking oil, you know its working. I've seen these things smoke, flame, stop, taxi, and then depart. Ain't no thing.  Wink

As per usual, this stuff happens at MSP when there is no one with a camera around.

pilottj

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:31 pm

So does this mean NW will retire the DC-9 fleet? Big grin haha...j/k Sounds like the crew did a fine job doing what they were trained to do. Good thing it was a relatively short incident, otherwise the media hounds would have had time to spin their BS wheel and make asinine remarks about the DC-9's saftey record and age.

Cheers
TJ
God was my copilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him...

Mr AirNZ

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:39 pm

This post is not intended to offend anyone in anyway, it is purely a statement.

Why do aborted takeoff's and go around's get so much attention here on A.net? They happen so often its not funny. I've been at work when planes abort for what ever reason. Come back, get fixed and then off again. Go around's due traffic or whatever. I've seen it before and i'll see it again. It really doesn't excite me that much. It's a fact of operational aviation, things don't always work as they should.

Just a thought

MarshalN

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:58 pm

I actually expected to see a bunch of "this is what you get for hiring replacement mechanics" posts...

ikramerica

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:15 pm

Quoting Mr AirNZ (Reply 5):
Why do aborted takeoff's and go around's get so much attention here on A.net? They happen so often its not funny.

I was wondering the same thing.

On the way back from HAM on CO, we had to wait a couple minutes at the gate for them to load cargo but also to replace a cracked toilet seat. I never checked to see if that emergency made it onto A.net.

Quoting MarshalN (Reply 6):
I actually expected to see a bunch of "this is what you get for hiring replacement mechanics" posts...

So did I. Because we know that replacements are useless, which also must mean that the certifications all mechanics hold, even replacement ones, are useless...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.