Just two weeks ago I flew on an Air Caribbean B732 Advanced from POS Trinidad to MIA Int'l.
I must say I was sort of reluctant at first because I thought that a non-stop 3h50m flight on a 732 was kinda pushing it, although the Advanced series has a high gross weight structure for increased fuel capacity or longer range than the QCs etc. Anyway, it was the best flight I've been on so far. I think the a/c performance was fantastic!
Air Caribbean only recently began operations on the POS to MIA route so there were only about 20 passengers aboard.
1. Seats (all in one-class layout) were very comfortable (although the back rests could be a bit higher.)
2. The overhead bins were much more spacious than I'd anticipated.
3. Take-off was swift and not at all stomach wrenching.
4. As max. take-off weight was "favourable" we were allowed to cruise at 35000 feet.
5. The four cabin attendants were very helpful and genuinely friendly so service was great!
6 .It was smooth sailing all the way, except for the last half hour of descent when the expected chops kicked in.
7.The landing wasn't at all hard like my experiences in the A300 (I don't really care how the landings are anyway so that doesn't matter) and then the moment I was waiting for arrived - listening to those engines ROAR!!!!! (I hope Air Caribbean doesn't put hushkits on their 732s anytime soon!).
All in all, it was pretty terrific!
I've been to an Open House for a B737-800NG about four months ago. Although the movie screens are kinda small, video and audio entertainment looks great. It's probably just an original part of the a/c construction but there is a row in Coach somewhere between 5 and 10 I think, where there's a blank panel instead of a window. I'd feel uncomfortable sitting there for an entire flight!
The NGs are pretty great except that for lovers of those Pratt & Whitney JT3D engines, they're a bit too quiet!