ba747

What Happen To BA New Uniform?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:05 am

Does anybody know what happen to BA when they said a new uniform was coming out and suddenly nothing happen? And there are not any news of when they are planning on doing it.

Saludos

Alex
The World`s Favorite Airline

Trolley Dolley

RE: What Happen To BA New Uniform?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:09 am

BA is rolling it out at the moment. I flew with them in December/January and the flights were being operated by crew in a mix of the uniform. The same with the ground staff. Before the safety demo, they asked pax to look at the uniform as it might be different to that on the video and illustrated on the card.

BA a.netters will provide more details re timing etc than I ever could.

speedbirdcrew

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:25 pm

The new uniform is almost totally introduced, some people are still going retro but certainly at my base most are in our new uniform

trekster

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Got a mix of new and old with the Citiexpress crews that are in my office.

On my SFO flt they did an PA saying some were wearing the new uniform as well
Where does the time go???

Barcode

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:27 pm

On my LHR - SFO flight, a PA announcement was made about the new uniforms. Some were wearing the old, the rest had the new. This was six months or so ago.

NetworkDoc

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:21 pm

All BA staff SHOULD be in new uniform by now. Certainly the stations I have been to are basically fully kitted out (really just apart from those staff who have not been able to bother about going to Uniform Stores). In fact, the old uniform is becoming quite a rarity, so much so that it is the old ones standing out rather than the new ones. When staff are still in old uniform, management likes to draw their attention to the fact that they are starting to be a bit non-conform.........

Out of curiosity, which station(s) are you referring to, B747, when you say that nothing has happened to the new uniforms? Would love to know which stations are so far behind schedule.

Cheers!
Flown: AB/BA/BD/BI/CX/DI/DL/KE/KL/LH/LT/LX/MH/NW/OZ/PR/QF/SN/SQ/TW/UA/VS/5J.

speedbirdcrew

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:48 pm

Quoting NetworkDoc (Reply 5):
When staff are still in old uniform, management likes to draw their attention to the fact that they are starting to be a bit non-conform.........

I've never heard one of my retro colleagues say they have been singled out by management like that. Lets just say its not something management can really say.

NetworkDoc

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:56 pm

Quoting Speedbirdcrew (Reply 6):
I've never heard one of my retro colleagues say they have been singled out by management like that. Lets just say its not something management can really say.

Thanks for that info. Should have pointed out that I can only speak for occurrences on the ground in this instance (which I have either witnessed or heard 'from the horse's mouth') whereas by your username I deduct your experience is from the air (advance apologies if I am mistaken). Did not mean to distort info.

Cheers, Speedbirdcrew!

PS. 'Retro colleagues'???!!!!!!!!!!!!!  laughing 
Flown: AB/BA/BD/BI/CX/DI/DL/KE/KL/LH/LT/LX/MH/NW/OZ/PR/QF/SN/SQ/TW/UA/VS/5J.

speedbirdcrew

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Quoting NetworkDoc (Reply 7):
PS. 'Retro colleagues'???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well maybe 'old skool' then!!!

I do like our ladies (and its mostly the ladies) who are still in the old uniform, the carry off the retro look so well!!!
 bigthumbsup 

bhxforever

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:23 pm

On recent Citiexpress flights most of the crew have still been wearing the old uniform!

fbgdavidson

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:25 pm

The uniform has been rolled out for a while now, usually there is an announcement that some of the crew are wearing the old and some are wearing the new uniform, however last Friday it wasn't mentioned which suggests that the rollout is nearing completion.

Very smart it is too...love the red lining on jackets and waistcoats, be nice to see the ladies in pillbox hats more often though!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey