Virgin Atlantic In Orlando

Sat May 13, 2000 8:54 pm

Does anyone know which aircraft of Virgin Atlantic frequent the Orlando International Airport (MCO)? Thanks  

RE: Virgin Atlantic In Orlando

Sat May 13, 2000 10:20 pm

I flew in and out on G-VIRG, a 742 last summer. I also saw on of their ex Air NZ 742's there also. I dont know if they now use 744's or 340's on the route now but I doubt it.

Sun May 14, 2000 12:40 am

I think this summer Virgin will be all 747-200 at MCO.
2 daily LGW flights and a daily MAN flight - Manchester always has a based RR powered aircraft, I believe LGW varies.

Aviador

Sun May 14, 2000 12:59 am

I'm visiting Orlando right now and I like to sit in the backyard gazing at a/c through binoculars.
For two consecutive Saturday afternoons I've seen the distinct Virgin 747s passing overhead on their way to join final approach into MCO. The first Saturday was a 742 while last week I saw a 742 going in, but a bit later on I saw a 744 (wingtips) Virgin also on the approach. I was pretty surprised to see two in one day but if Virgin sends three different B747's on the same day into the small islands of Antigua, St. Lucia and Bardados, I suppose it's possible at MCO.
Maybe today I'll get lucky and see it / them again......... 

Sun May 14, 2000 2:49 am

I live right at the approach to MCO on Semoran Blvd. (SR 436), and I have seen mainly 74-2's on the approach although I have seen once or twice 74-4's...The time to see them on approach to MCO is around 4:00 PM Orlando time

Dazed767

Sun May 14, 2000 3:46 am

Ok, I've never seen a Virgin 747-400 come to MCO. They have 3 flights coming in now, and they are all 742's. Not to say you are wrong, but are you 100% sure it was a -400? There is always that small chance they decided to change equipment (the one day i don't go). They used to bring in the A340's a few years back, but that stopped.

Sun May 14, 2000 5:05 am

Dazed767:Yes, I am 100% certain that once or twice I have seen the 74-4 series fly into MCO..........other than that, I have always seen the 74-2's  

VH320

Sun May 14, 2000 4:25 pm

I live in Orlando and I usually see the 742; however I saw an A340 about two months ago. When I go to MCO, I cross my fingers to see a Virgin A340, but it's almost impossible

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos