BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Steenland, Lorenzo, Icahn: Why?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:41 am

Why does the US Government allow these quacks into businesses. Everyone can see Steenland cares only about money, and no way in hell is he going to save NWA by doing what he is doing right now. When Bethune took over Lorenzo, he put his employees FIRST, and in return, they gave him a profitable airline. Steenland is doing the exact opposite, yet he expects to make NWA into a better airline. Why doesn't anybody oust him. Do it now, before its too late.
Puhdiddle

ejmmsu

RE: Steenland, Lorenzo, Icahn: Why?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:54 am

Lorenzo and Ichan were corporate raiders that used their extensive amount of cash to take over various arlines in a hostile bidding fashion.

Steenland is simply a CEO that could easily be removed by the Board of NWA if they wanted to.

Steenland is not a popular guy, but he certainly isn't a Lorenzo or an Ichan
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

Magyarorszag

RE: Steenland, Lorenzo, Icahn: Why?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:13 am

I don't know about Steenland, but in the '80s, when Reagan was president, his policies toward business was "laissez-faire". With such policies, plus deregulation and Wall Street raider such as Icahn & Lorenzo, you have the result!

How many airlines CEO in the world like Gordon Bethune do you know ? There isn't that many of them! I think, it depends on what your ethic is!

Who do you think should oust Steenland? Justice? Employees?

In Airways Magazine in 2001 if I remember well, there was a report on airlines leaders called something like "Dumb & Dumber". It was quit interesting to read who did what and for how much money....

Cheers,

M.

[Edited 2005-10-08 23:14:39]