AMSGOT
Topic Author

KLM Introduces New Fare Structure

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:30 am

KLM introduces a new fare structure as off today, it says. Several Dutch media reported this news today, including Luchtvaartnieuws (in dutch).

A newsreader at a Dutch radiostation (YorinFM) said KLM stopped with it's "ridiculous" reductions on intercontinental flights, but starts to offer " regular" cheap fares.

Luchtvaartnieuws gives an example, which tells us KLM's fare structure is like a LCC's structure.

Nothing new so far. The only thing that changes, in my opinion, is the differentiation of WBC fares and that it's easier to change dates to prior to confirmation and payment of the booking.

My question/remark: What's the fuss all about? A lot of airlines have far more possibilities (like BA), for quite a while already... Much ado about nothing or am I missing something?
Please remain seated!

sk601

RE: KLM Introduces New Fare Structure

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:36 am

Quoting AMSGOT (Thread starter):
My question/remark: What's the fuss all about?

It's called "MARKETING". Tell your customer that you bring something spectacular but actually almost everything will remain the same, just with a different name. Big grin

AMSGOT
Topic Author

RE: KLM Introduces New Fare Structure

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:41 am

Quoting SK601 (Reply 1):
It's called "MARKETING". Tell your customer that you bring something spectacular but actually almost everything will remain the same, just with a different name.

Just what I thought... But I can still imagine I miss something...

One more thing: KLM expects more passengers as a result of this new structure.
Please remain seated!