LotPilot

Question About Cape Air

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:47 pm

HI,
Just wondering, has anyone ever had had the opportunity to fly onboard Cape Air, Cessna 405? I'm going on vacation at the end of this month to St. Croix and have a connecting flight in San Juan, Puerto Rico. From San Juan, I'm scheduled to connect on Cape Air (Cessna 405). How is the flight where do you check in or any other suggestion would be truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

kimmykun

RE: Question About Cape Air

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:41 pm

I'm flying with them, too, in a couple weeks. I can't wait!

Anyway, as far as I now, 9K's across from US Airways in the main terminal and uses Gate 31A in Concourse B.

ramerinianair

RE: Question About Cape Air

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 pm

I flew the Cessna 405s with CapeAir this past July - It was a BLAST!!! I love bring able to see everything happening in front of you. I was able to sit in the fron from SJU-STT.
The airports in the caribbean have small areas for the commuter airlines checkin and charter checkin. At STT, the daily flights on UA, AA, DL, US etc. were checked-in from the main checkin area and on the other side of security was the commuter wing. All the departure gates were following the central customs/security. Arrivals for commuters were seperate.
The flight was quick and very hot. There is no air conditioning so when you are sitting in the sun in July, you roast! The aircraft are old but solid, the pilots have flown these routes many, many times- there aren't that many VORs around there so the routes are basically the same everythime they fly. I had Captain Dave Glass. They only have on pilot so ask if you can snag the F/Os spot. Usually the seat assignments go out the window and they load by weight.
Have fun and let me know if you have more Questions!
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!