OOer
Topic Author

Skywest To Get Larger Planes?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 pm

So I hear many rumors going around of Skywest Inc. purchasing the CL-705 aircraft from Bombardier and flying them under the DeltaConnection banner. At first they would be configured to only 75 seats until a judge throws out the scope clause at Delta then they would be configure to the full capacity including first class for a whopping total of 90 seats. Anyone hear anything different?

skyyblue

RE: Skywest To Get Larger Planes?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:36 pm

Tonight I spoke to my girlfriend based in SLC (ASA) and she told me that she heard SKYWEST is in the process of buying Airbus A320 aircraft and that the head of VirginUSA was spotted in SLC with the head of SKYWEST. I was in total disbelief but we shall see. You never know with the state of the industry.

VgnAtl747

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:19 pm

Wonder if the rumored Virgin America A320's are going to SkyWest???
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines

hiflyer

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 1):
SKYWEST is in the process of buying Airbus A320 aircraft and that the head of VirginUSA was spotted in SLC with the head of SKYWEST.

DAL has not really begun to break ALPA scope clauses and UAL has already finished on their ALPA contract provisions...both of which preclude SkyWest from flying airbus equip for any carrier while flying for DAL and UAL..exactly the same situation Atlantic Coast was in to become Indepenedence Air.

OOer
Topic Author

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:09 am

What about ASA? Do they have the same contract as Skywest or was there anything ever put in their contact beings that DL used to own them?

phollingsworth

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:28 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 4):
What about ASA? Do they have the same contract as Skywest or was there anything ever put in their contact beings that DL used to own them?

The clauses are not in the contracts between DL and Skywest or ASA, but between DL and DALPA. This means that if Skywest, Atlantic Coast, or any other DL connection carrier starts flying a/c larger than the scope clause allows the code-share contracts must end.

irelayer

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:05 am

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 1):
Tonight I spoke to my girlfriend based in SLC (ASA) and she told me that she heard SKYWEST is in the process of buying Airbus A320 aircraft and that the head of VirginUSA was spotted in SLC with the head of SKYWEST. I was in total disbelief but we shall see. You never know with the state of the industry.

This reads like you were trying to be funny...yes/no?

-IR

OH-LGA

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:37 am

Quoting Hiflyer (Reply 3):
DAL has not really begun to break ALPA scope clauses and UAL has already finished on their ALPA contract provisions...both of which preclude SkyWest from flying airbus equip for any carrier while flying for DAL and UAL..exactly the same situation Atlantic Coast was in to become Indepenedence Air.

But theoretically, if you merge all the regional flying onto one of the AOC's and rework the DLC or UAX contract, you have an empty AOC that would be under SkyWest, Inc. and therefore possibly precluded from any scope clause limitations? Think something along the lines of American and American Eagle, Trans States & Go Jet, Republic, Shuttle America & Chautauqua, etc.

And since you say it would preclude SkyWest from operating Airbus equipment... does it preclude Boeing equipment too? I know contracts can be specific but that sounds ludicrous.

Just my  twocents 

Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos