usnseallt82

AirTran: What Do You Think?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:59 am

My wife recently flew on FL and loved every minute of it! She said that the flight was excellent and the price was amazing. I've known of FL since they were created, but have never known how good they really are until now.

So, I was wondering what you guys think about the airline. What do you think about FL now? What do you think the future will hold for it? What types of additions could we expect to the routes or aircraft? What do you think altogether?

Whatever you want to say about FL is open game to me.  Big grin
Crye me a river

wjcandee

RE: AirTran: What Do You Think?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:03 am

They've always done right by me.

wedgetail737

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:03 am

I flew FL between ATL and ICT. I thought their service was excellent and at a very good price. I was able to upgrade to their business class back to ICT. Not too much different than others, but the upgrade price was good.

The best Domestic First Class/Business Class service I've experienced was on Alaska and National (now defunct).

usnseallt82

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Quoting Wedgetail737 (Reply 2):
I thought their service was excellent and at a very good price.

That seems to be the gist of what she said. I've always flown on AA and DL because of the mileage programs, but I am hoping to try out FL sometime soon.
Crye me a river

ca2ohHP

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:46 pm

Great to fly on....if you ever want the snot beat out of you, go to work for them.

usnseallt82

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:01 pm

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 4):
Great to fly on....if you ever want the snot beat out of you, go to work for them.

Hmm.....I actually had them on my list of carriers to try after getting out of the service. Why do you say this? (for my own information)
Crye me a river

jmhLUV2fly

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Usnseallt82:
AirTran Airways is a rewarding company to work for. I was employed with the company for two years, and really enjoyed the opportunity to serve the airline.
The best way I can describe the company, when you come to work for AirTran it is truly a team work atmosphere, you dont have any one job...you do what it takes to get the job done, and you help each other in getting it done...if you are a gate agent and you see the ramp needs some help in getting the last few bags into the bin, you run down, role up your sleaves and start tossen em, to get the airplane out, likewise rampers will come up to the gate on occasion, and help pull boarding passes, make announcements if needed etc..
AirTran is always looking to save cost, they are a carrier focused on controling cost, always looking ahead toward a rainy day...
If you do not mind working hard, and doing whatever it takes to put the passenger first, you will like working for AirTran. You start out at 8.75, you get a raise after your first six months and again at your year anniversiary and then there after once a year on your anniversiary hire date...in two years I was up to 10.20 and I know one guy who has been with the company almost 10 years and is making about 15 bucks an hour...
I also worked with a great gentleman who is a retired army sargent major, the job keeps him busy, making pretty good money in addition to retirement and heck he gets to fly around for free, of course he would tell you its just for the wife and not him, but you gotta love Mr.Bill he is fine person indeed, if you are ever in Pensacola, Florida, just look for the retired army hat at the counter, we call em Sargent Bill. I enjoyed my time with the company and certainly have many fond memories. Give the company a shot, they are a very solid airline that will certainly be around for many many years to come.
JMH

usnseallt82

Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:49 pm

Quoting Jmhluv2fly (Reply 6):
you do what it takes to get the job done, and you help each other in getting it done

See, this is what I WANT in a company. I don't like the idea of the pilots being some sort of upper class employee that doesn't have to get dirty when the job requires it. My fellow Navy guys like to pick on me about being the 'elite bus driver' when talking about switching to the airlines after our service. I want to be allowed to jump down there and throw the bags if we need to hurry and help an old lady to her seat who can't walk. If what you say is true, then I will definitely keep FL in mind.

You start out at 8.75, you get a raise after your first six months and again at your year anniversiary and then there after once a year on your anniversiary hire date

I'm guessing this isn't for flight ops positions, right?

if you are ever in Pensacola, Florida, just look for the retired army hat at the counter, we call em Sargent Bill.

I live in PNS right now! Next time I'm up at the airport, I'll see if I can find him. If he's old and retired military, I'm sure to get along with him!  bigthumbsup 

Give the company a shot, they are a very solid airline that will certainly be around for many many years to come.

This is exactly what I've heard from around the industry. It seems like FL really has their stuff together while also running a tight ship. I hope to get the chance to at least interview with someday, as I would very much like to know more about them.

If anyone else has any comments, I'd love to hear them.
Crye me a river

pensacolaguy

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:02 pm

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Thread starter):
What do you think about FL now? What do you think the future will hold for it? What types of additions could we expect to the routes or aircraft? What do you think altogether?

I like FL..They have done wonders for PNS (Pax Numbers/Routes/Low Fares) and continue to do so. I hope FL continues to bring their low-fares to other cities such as BNA, STL etc. If you ever need to fly up to ATL for the weekend or just to visit, you can usually find a cheap round trip from PNS. Like recently $138 RT.

Mr.Bill he is fine person indeed, if you are ever in Pensacola, Florida, just look for the retired army hat at the counter

I'll look for him...

brokenrecord

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:05 pm

I enjoy FL J class, but I hate going through ATL.

DAYflyer

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:12 pm

They have always treated me very well when I fly them out of Dayton. I just wish they had more non-stop flights to more destinations from here.
One Nation Under God

FlyGuyClt

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:50 pm

The have the best V.P. of Inflight in the business as far as I am concerned. Outstanding professionalism, approachable, fair, and not bad to look at either !
I worked with her at another airline. She leads by example and judging from what people say about inflight with AirTran, her colleagues must agree.

Safe Flying  Smile
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

LHUSA

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:09 am

I've never flown on FL, but I've heard such wonderful things about the airline and have been very intrigued by their business model. I think it's very impressive that they were able to attain this level of quality and growth from such a risky beginning with the ValueJet acquisition/merger. It's one thing to start a brand new airline and instill a brand new corporate culture, but it's quite another to turn around an existing company and make it something new and unique. Can't wait to try them out. Anyone know if they have good non-rev agreements with LH?

SuperD

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:19 am

When I flew them years ago I wasn't impressed. I recently started using them again as a backup plan from Atlanta to Newark. They've really impressed me recently. Great inflight service, the XM radio is nice, and the planes are a lot nicer and cleaner than I remember from years ago. The pilots I've talked to that used to fly for AirTran said they enjoyed it. I'm not sure what the work environment is these days.

FL1TPA

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:22 am

I generally agree with all the above posts. I am a 3 1/2 year employee of AirTran (2 1/2 in Customer Service TPA - 1 year now inflight as a Flight Attendant) and I love my job. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I see only good things in the future. We continue to get new 737-700s every month and are constantly adding routes and cities. DTW and CUN are still on the slate for this year.
Believe it or not but our seemingly oddball routes fill up quick; so marketing and planning must be doing a good job. Who woulda thunk it: FNT-LAS = full flights.
I came from 2 years at Spirit Airlines in TPA and can only tell you the difference is night and day. I honestly don't know how Spirit has stayed in business. They must've improved dramatically since I left - perhaps I was holding them back...  sarcastic 
Anyway, the only thing on the posts I would slightly disagree with is from FlyGuyClt:The have the best V.P. of Inflight in the business as far as I am concerned. While I respect our V.P. of Inflight and believe they have a great grasp of industry operation I do not believe they fully realize the impact of policies that are added to our Flight Attendant Manual. To them it's words on paper, to us it's work we must do.
The most frustrating example of this is our Inflight Service on flights over 3 hours. The Manual states that we perform a beverage/snack service after takeoff then immediately after the first service, we perform a second service. 45 min. after the second service we are to perform a THIRD beverage/snack service. I think our V.P. is a little too used to a full service airline. This is exactly the pattern of service on a meal service flight over 3 hours. First you provide beverages and a light snack: 1st service. Then you distribute meals: 2nd service. Give them time to eat (45 min. max) After that you return to refill beverages: 3rd service. Since we don't serve meals at all, we look like idiots going out there 3 times - it just ends up bothering people.
With all that said it's a great company headed for a bright future. I hope to be a part of it for many years to come.

Tim.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue."

DAYflyer

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:22 am

Quoting SuperD (Reply 13):
When I flew them years ago I wasn't impressed. I recently started using them again as a backup plan from Atlanta to Newark. They've really impressed me recently. Great inflight service, the XM radio is nice, and the planes are a lot nicer and cleaner than I remember from years ago. The pilots I've talked to that used to fly for AirTran said they enjoyed it. I'm not sure what the work environment is these days.

You likely flew on an old 737 or DC-9. The new 717 fleet and new generation 737 are a huge improvement. The new XM radio is nice but a better situation would be the TV Jet Blue uses.
One Nation Under God

FlyGuyClt

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:27 am

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 14):
The most frustrating example of this is our Inflight Service on flights over 3 hours. The Manual states that we perform a beverage/snack service after takeoff then immediately after the first service, we perform a second service. 45 min. after the second service we are to perform a THIRD beverage/snack service. I think our V.P. is a little too used to a full service airline. This is exactly the pattern of service on a meal service flight over 3 hours. First you provide beverages and a light snack: 1st service. Then you distribute meals: 2nd service. Give them time to eat (45 min. max) After that you return to refill beverages: 3rd service. Since we don't serve meals at all, we look like idiots going out there 3 times - it just ends up bothering people.
With all that said it's a great company headed for a bright future. I hope to be a part of it for many years to come.

This is called Outstanding Customer Service. It is also why people now prefer to fly AirTran. It is also an ingredient as to why you are a profitable company. People wanting to fly you. Not just because they have too. Just because AirTran is not a "full service" airline as you call it. Does not mean you can't go above and beyond the customers expectations. You don't look like a fool unless you are in there face. Just smile and make eye contact when you are working the aisle. Sometimes if they have their headsets on they will just lip or say "No Thank You." You can tell who wants service and who doesn't. Now the flight attendants that always make people take off headsets or interrupt their routine just to get acknowledgement. Now they do look like fools in the aisle. When I flew for Braniff, Inc. in the dark ages. We did bev/snack/bev/coffee/mint/hot towels on a 727-200 all coach 4 flight attendants and 160 passengers from MCI to ORD at the 5 pm cocktail hour. The flight time was usually 50 minutes. While Braniff did not make it. People in general loved the inflight service they recieved.

Safe Flying  

[Edited 2005-10-14 18:32:59]
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

747luvr

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:06 am

My wife and I fly FL more often than CO the last few years. MCO-CAK (sometimes thru ATL) verses MCO-CLE on CO that we were accustomed to. Service on FL is great, clean A/C, etc. And the prices, well, you just cant beat that. esp last minute 1 way fares, for around $100 usd....i cant touch that with CO.

ca2ohHP

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:31 am

In my experience in knowing a number of AirTran employees in very different capacities, they work your tail off. For instance, CAK is known as one of their most efficiently run stations. CAK keeps their personnel costs down by not hiring employees one-for-one in terms of additional flight activity. CAK is also a very efficient and low cost facility for airlines to serve. I suggest you read the October article on both AirTran and CAK in Air Transport World.

Unrelated, I do have a friend that used to work for them and they do not use belt loaders, she told me on the ramp it was constant, 140 bags off, 160 bags on, they stuck to your break times. Months later she suffered a serious back injury (probably from not lifting right).

In another city, I was good friends with their GM, and he even said it himself. "do your hard time for a couple years, and they'll reward you." I'm just saying that they work their employees pretty hard, but it obviously has its rewards if you stick with it. That, in my opinion, is what is lacking in so many other companies.

GroundStop

Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:22 am

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 18):
I'm just saying that they work their employees pretty hard, but it obviously has its rewards if you stick with it.

That statement could not be more accurate. I have been with AirTran for about 3 1/2 years and have been promoted five times. I started as a customer service agent working C concourse in 2002. A few months later, I became a lead agent or 'Redcoat'. Shortly after that, I was promoted to shift supervisor over the Redcoats. From there, I moved into operations and up to the C-Tower where I monitored connections to ensure bags stayed with people. After 2 years in ATL, I made the move into SOC down here in Orlando as a Flight Follower. Six months into that, I was promoted to my current position as a Passenger Movement Coordinator. I'm now responsible for representing the best interest of customer service in terms of the day-to-day decisions that keep the operation running smoothly. From here, the opportunities are limitless. Dispatch, station management, or planning are just a few of the options I will have down the road. I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn. The point is if you work hard and show your ambition, there is absolutely no limit to how far you can go with this airline. And I can truly say I have enjoyed every minute of it.

JP

vatveng

Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:50 am

As a passenger, they've been my preferred airline for several years now. The XM is fabulous, I can either bang my head to some '80s hair metal or put it on Classical and get out my book.

Atlanta can be a pain to connect in, though, especially in the summertime when Georgia gets a bad thunderstorm every other afternoon. I really wish FL had jumped on DFW as a second hub, but I guess that horse is out of the barn.

717-200

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:48 am

It is very true that FL employees or "crewmembers" as they are called do
work their butts off! That is the reason for a sucessful and profitable
airline that they are. I worked at AirTran for five years as a CSA/Ramp
agent at GSO for a year, then at RDU in the same capacity for four years.
It was definately hard and challenging work at times especially on the ramp
when we could not use beltloaders for a long time and had to turn the a/c
in 25 min, but I worked around good and often humorous co-workers that
made working there worth it. If FL came to SEA I would try to come back
to work for them again.
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

wedgetail737

Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:02 am

The only gripe I have with Air Tran is that they need to venture out west some more. I would love to see them go against DAL at PDX and SEA really soon!

wjcandee

Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:24 am

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 14):
Since we don't serve meals at all, we look like idiots going out there 3 times - it just ends up bothering people.

Here's a clue. You NEVER, EVER, EVER bother me by asking if I want something else. EVER. Indeed, the best service I have had anywhere ever on an airplane was from CLT-LGA on USAir in First a few months ago. The f/a was in the aisle the whole time, except when he was adding stuff to his snack tray or getting beverages. The default position was IN THE AISLE, and passengers were like doing the wave when they got off the plane they were so happy. I think I have a post on here with a more complete report, but the point is that normal people NEVER get tired of being catered to. If they ignore you or say no thanks, that's fine, but believe me you're not "bothering" them.

jetboy319

Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Quoting Wedgetail737 (Reply 22):
The only gripe I have with Air Tran is that they need to venture out west some more. I would love to see them go against DAL at PDX and SEA really soon!

I couldn't agree with you more! Especially since DL has cut back so much in both PDX and SEA....... Speaking of which, I really miss seeing the line-up of MD-11s, L1011s & 767s on the "Delta" concourse in PDX.

wedgetail737

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:04 pm

Back in 1993, I flew the L-1011-500 from PDX-SEL and the MD-11 back. Both of the flights were packed. Connecting through PDX sure beat the lines at SFO or LAX! Plus I was able to get pictures of a short-lived airline based at PDX called Advantage Airlines.

jetdeltamsy

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:11 pm

So, I was wondering what you guys think about the airline. What do you think about FL now? What do you think the future will hold for it?

I think Airtran does an excellent job. I have worked for Delta for 14 years and have watch Airtran grow up. They kick our butts every day with consistent, quality service...the stuff customers are willing to pay for.

Airtran has a very bright future. Even with Delta's bankruptcy filing and the potential for us to finally be able to compete effectively from a cost standpoint, Airtran has developed an outstanding reputation and a loyal following. I think people tend to view Delta as huge, bureaucratic and difficult to deal with.

Airtrans keeps it simple, safe and reliable.

Hopefully after we get through the bankruptcy process, Delta will be able to get back to the basics and compete with Airtran on their (profitable) level.

[Edited 2005-10-15 06:24:14]
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

Flyer732

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:23 pm

Quoting GroundStop (Reply 19):
started as a customer service agent working C concourse in 2002. A few months later, I became a lead agent or 'Redcoat'. Shortly after that, I was promoted to shift supervisor over the Redcoats. From there, I moved into operations and up to the C-Tower where I monitored connections to ensure bags stayed with people

The good ole days, eh?  Smile

jmhLUV2fly

Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:21 pm

Usnseallt82:
I see your intrested in possibly joining FL, as a pilot, Im not familiar with the going contract and pay rates, but from what I understand the applicant list is pretty long, with bunches of guys and gals looking to take a 717 or 737 for spin, so I would say probably about 6 to 8 months before your looking to get out of the Navy, drop that resume off to em, a relative of mine does simulator training for the 717 crews in ATL, they use to also have a facitly in MIA but it no longer operates I believe. So if you ever meat Sunny Alsup, he will train you very well, he flew for Eastern about 25 years, hes been around a while.
Good luck to you, and I for one appreciate the work you do for our country.

FL1TPA:
Tim, man, how are you, good to see you are still with citrus, I really miss the company, it was my goal to join the in flight department, but guess it was not meant to be. For those who are wondering how I know Tim, Back in Febuary of 2002, he and I were in the same AirTran customer service training class, an experience, I shall never forget, met some really great folks and began a journey with a company I really respect, wish I could still serve them, but I cannot, my feather was plucked all too soon. Drop me a line sometime Tim, maybe we can catch up er something, take care.
Michael-PNS

usnseallt82

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:24 am

Quoting Pensacolaguy (Reply 8):
They have done wonders for PNS (Pax Numbers/Routes/Low Fares) and continue to do so.

You can see that just by walking into the ticketing area too! They seem to have brought a lot of business to the airport and the area.

Quoting FlyGuyClt (Reply 16):
This is called Outstanding Customer Service. It is also why people now prefer to fly AirTran.

checkmark 

Quoting Wedgetail737 (Reply 22):
The only gripe I have with Air Tran is that they need to venture out west some more.

This is what I would like to see as well. Although, if they keep going at the rate that they are, I don't see why they can't add more routes across the lower 48.

Quoting JmhLUV2fly (Reply 28):
I would say probably about 6 to 8 months before your looking to get out of the Navy, drop that resume off to em

I appreciate the advice. That's usually what most guys do, some dropping it off about a year ahead of leaving the service when applying to some of the majors. There's a lot of stuff that has to be done beforehand, especially with the military hours conversion, but I will get it in as soon as possible.
Crye me a river

IAHERJ

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:33 am

Nice thread! I would like to add my 2 cents as well. I've been here a bit over 2.5 years and have enjoyed my experience. It is fun to work for a carrier that has so much potential. The people are great and the aircraft are in top notch condition. As a pilot I can tell you that when something isn't working correctly on the aircraft, it gets fixed immediately. The FAA allows airliners to fly specific times with certain items on the aircraft not working properly as modern airliners have so much redundancy built in and we have several back-ups for just about everything. AirTran mechanics get things fixed quicker than any carrier I've worked for period!!

Going forward: I see our biggest challenges being our ATL operation and our customer service in that hub. The CSR's that do the best job seem to move on and get promoted(as they should) leaving us working the front line with inconsistent levels of customer service at the gates.

UsnSeal82, You will be hard pressed to find a better flying opportunity than flying for AirTran. Without getting into specifics on pay etc., your starting pay here is as good as it gets anywhere and better than most. Movement is quick to the left seat where the pay is very competitive and the retirement (b-fund) for pilots is a nice, safe alternative to the old DB plans we've seen come and go over the last few years.
I hope to meet you out on the line someday down the road. You find the people we get to work with here from all work groups are some of the most dedicated, hard working people you will meet in the business.

IAHERJ
Actually flown: EMB-120 EMB-145 B717 B737 B757 B767

airfrnt

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:02 am

So, I was wondering what you guys think about the airline. What do you think about FL now? What do you think the future will hold for it? What types of additions could we expect to the routes or aircraft? What do you think altogether?

I do all my flying (whenever possible) on either F9 or FL. Thankfully, since most of my business is to ATL or DEN, that makes things easy. It's literaly painful to go back to DL or UA after flying on them for a while. The $35 upgrades for business class are awesome.

Logan22L

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:14 am

Just about $200 BOS-ATL roundtrip and a very nice flight crew. Despite severe east coast weather problems and massive delays at ATL, everyone was friendly and helpful as well. Can't ask for much more, except perhaps to get rid of the Elton John livery.  Wink
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

IAHERJ

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:17 am

Logan 22L,

Done then!!!!! It was lost several months ago. Thanks for the business and the kind words about our crew members. The East Coast WX has plagued our airline and many others with massive delays the past few days. I flew through Laguardia on Thursday and felt as if I was dealing with a warm Noreaster.

IAHERJ
Actually flown: EMB-120 EMB-145 B717 B737 B757 B767

aa757first

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:22 am

I started a thread a while back about the morale at FL. Do a search for it. From what I hear, it's pretty dismal. Flight attendants are sort of isolated because a lot of work groups have problems with them. I think they are buddy-buddy with pilots and themselves. I hear employees complaining that they have to work on with "incompetent" people on a regular basis. Now, if you are going to be a pilot, this probably won't apply as they have strict FAA regulations, but if you are applying for a non-pilot position, take that into consideration.

AAndrew

rumorboy

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:34 am

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 34):
From what I hear, it's pretty dismal.

Where do you here this from? There are always employees that are not happy. I would say moral is good here. But since you know more we will leave at that. do you work for Airtran? Oh, I forgot you dont. Not even old enough to drive.

I hear employees complaining that they have to work on with "incompetent" people on a regular basis.

Do you even know what that means?

but if you are applying for a non-pilot position, take that into consideration.

So what your saying is only pilots have the good job and all "nonpilot" jobs suck to work there.

I am not saying this place is the greatest. Far from it but don't take advice from a 15 year old that has never flown on them and never worked for them. Anyway if you do a search you'll fine Aass757 hates airtran. Even know he's never flown them. But at least he "hears things".

UGA777

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:37 am

I live in ATL and I recently took Airtran for the first time. I usually fly on Delta. I was very impressed with the crew on both flights and the condition of the 717s! The pilot on the return flight was very talkative and he kept pointing out features of the 717 and how new the aircraft was. He also kept bragging on Airtran. It was clear he was very proud to work for them. His statement when we reached cruise was, "This is a new 717 with 45,000 lbs of thrust working to get you to Atlanta on time today." I was on an old Delta 732 a few weeks ago and the difference between the 732 and the 717 was night and day. I had XM on the way back and it made the flight even more enjoyable. Keep it up Airtran!

aa757first

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:41 am

Quoting Rumorboy (Reply 35):

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/2039275

Plus about a dozen flight attendants on another board.

And, no, I don't "hate" AirTran.

AAndrew

rumorboy

Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:04 am

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 37):
Plus about a dozen flight attendants on another board.

So a dozen or so flight attendents and gate agents out of 6700 employees sound like a lot of people their hate their job. WOW!

What a miserable place!  Yeah sure

Again you have no idea what you are talking about.

zippyjet

Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:12 am

Quoting GroundStop (Reply 19):
I was promoted to my current position as a Passenger Movement Coordinator. I'm now responsible for representing the best interest of customer service in terms of the day-to-day decisions that keep the operation running smoothly.

Hats off to you and your crew. We at BWI appreciate your hard work and creativity! You all were invaluable during this past summer with the weather from hell! Keep up the great work, your sanity and sense of humor.

Been with FL for over 3 and one half years and love it! Sure, there are days where Murphy's Law occurrs but, in our industry that is par for the course. It all evens out. I feel our company combines the best of both worlds.
Assigned seating, rewards, business class upgrades while at the same time being creative and innovative to get the job done right. I feel we are a diverse family where there is potential for for success. As opposed to other carriers, I feel we are able to be ourselves and not be pegged by looks or age. Teamwork, and a sense of humor are integral to our operations and success. And, inflight crew has helped us out during those times when the gate is packed and preventing the whole atmosphere from becoming Jerry Springer Show at the airport! Plus I like our latest TV advertising campaign which incorporates humor.

I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

Byrdluvs747

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:59 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 7):
I want to be allowed to jump down there and throw the bags if we need to hurry

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see the pilot going over the plane and ensuring everything is ok. Loading luggage for ontime departure comes a distant second to safety. If you have spare time then go over the plane again.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.