Master Plan Update Workshop
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners will be holding a Master Plan Update Workshop on Tuesday, October 18, 2005, at 5:30 p.m.
The purpose of the meeting is to present the initial draft of Phase 1 of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Master Plan and other vital and essential planning initiatives.
Here's the workshop briefing package:
Key topics to be discussed:
- Proposed runway 9R/27L extension
- Whether or not to preserve the option of a North Parallel Runway
- Decommissioning of the Crosswind Runway (13/31)
- Implications of reconsidering the role of G.A. at FLL in the future
- assessment of existing west side land use master plan
- International Terminal (T-4) expansion
- Concourse A
- Exit Roadway Improvements
In the presentation, two of these really stand out as intriguing:
- The west side land use plan: Basically a complete overhaul of everything west of 13/31 (including new facilities to be placed over part of 13/31 as it sits today), with new G.A. and cargo facilities. See page 10 in the presentation for an image.
- The expansion of the International Terminal (T-4) to occupy land over the vacated car rental facilities just east of the present Terminal 4, and the possible expansion of T-3 westward to occupy former 13/31 space. See pages 16 & 18 for images.
Things may get very interesting here in the future...