tappan

Any Info On Current Bird Engine Strike In Boston

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:08 am

Anybody have any other info on this?
There currently (6:00PM EST) is an aircraft circling the field presumably dumping fuel in preparation for landing with limited reverse thrust for landing...A bird was sucked into the engine.
Mark Garfinkel
P.S If I find anything else out I will alert this topic

dogfighter2111

RE: Any Info On Current Bird Engine Strike In Boston

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:15 am

I have info from a US airport status site. It's the bottom one:

Due to KATRINA, the NEW airport was closed as of Aug 29 at 11:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is not known.

Due to WIND, departure traffic destined to CYYZ airport is currently experiencing delays averaging 19 minutes.

General Departure Delays: Because a traffic management program is delaying some arriving flights, departing flight schedules may be affected. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.

General Arrival Delays: Due to ARRIVAL DEMAND, arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delay between 16 minutes and 30 minutes and increasing.

Not anymore info, but it does state that there is an emeregecy arrival (if you read into it)

Thanks
Mike

tappan

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:20 am

Plane has landed without incident.....sorry....
and Thanks!!

Mark

lincoln

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:41 pm

Glad to hear that it was a safe landing.

I do have to say, though, that the first time I read the subject I was trying to figure out what birds had against engines and why they were striking  Smile

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile