miafll

Qantas Non-rev Dress Code Question

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:58 pm

Can someone let me the dress code for travelling non-rev on Qantas?

Are jeans allowed?
Does QF ever upgrade (I expect that jeans are not allowed in the premier classes)

Thanks

zeke

RE: Qantas Non-rev Dress Code Question

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:04 am

Do you mean duty travel or staff travel ?
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

miafll

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:11 am

It would be for staff travel.

Lufthansa

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:25 am

Quoting Miafll (Thread starter):
Does QF ever upgrade (I expect that jeans are not allowed in the premier classes)

Simple answer? NO. Even QF's own staff i think now need to serve 7 years or something in order to even purchase staff business class for long haul. So if you're with AA or something, forget it. That and business class across the pacific tends to run full... remember this is technically the only airline that is "officially" offering flatbeds in business class, and the only one offering non-stop. It runs pretty full. Don't even bother talk about first. It's exclusively for the southern hemisphere's elite, and it will be full. As an aside, I had a friend just take it to Jo'berg and he said it was absolutely wonderful!

As for the jeans, somebody from QF confirm this but i don't think it is going to be as much of a problem as it would be in America because Australian fashon is a little different to American. Jeans from Milan cost a hell of a lot more than tweed coats and slacks do... That and it is spring in Australia now, and its in very much in fashon. Good luck and have fun in Oz.

Fermarta

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:12 am

From the oneworld intranet:

Qantas, not acceptable:

Tracksuits, jeans with cut off and frayed hems, designer holes etc. Singlets, bare midriffs, strapless tops/dresses, overly revealing clothing, rubber thongs or bare feet.Any extremes of leisurewear - including sweatshirts or T-shirts with questionable graphics or language.
Personal hygiene standards must be exemplary

[Edited 2005-10-17 00:25:42]
Otros vendrán que bueno te harán

Trolley Dolley

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 am

When ever I've flown QF on a non-rev basis, the rep has said smart casual is a minimum and don't expect any upgrades. Unless it's operational staff travel or you hold a subload J class ticket, they would prefer to upgrade a paying pax. I've had a flight with James Strong, former CEO, seated in the non reclining economy row infront of me.

The rule of thumb is dress as if you're going out for a nice dinner with friends. Clean jeans, unfrayed jeans are OK.

miafll

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:39 am

Thanks for the info...appreciate all the comments.

miafll

Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:08 am

Are they any Qantas staff that can advise the load factors on the 3 LAX-SYD flights on Oct 29?

Thanks

N1120A

Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:39 am

Quoting Lufthansa (Reply 3):
remember this is technically the only airline that is "officially" offering flatbeds in business class, and the only one offering non-stop.

United might want to know when they started stopping their LAX/SFO-SYD flights somewhere in the Pacific
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

uadc8contrail

Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:08 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 8):
remember this is technically the only airline that is "officially" offering flatbeds in business class, and the only one offering non-stop.

United might want to know when they started stopping their LAX/SFO-SYD flights somewhere in the Pacific

N1120A,
Lufthansa has has a major h!@#$n for ual...look for ual to redo the first/biz intl seats coming out of ch11, his grade school reply was meant to say that QF is the "official"what ever that means... to offer flatbeds in biz across the pacific....iregardless ual will come out with a new product.......
bus driver.......move that bus:)

malaysia

Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:17 pm

I get away with jeans, but the

QF's own staff i think now need to serve 7 years or something in order to even purchase staff business class for long haul.

Yeah I got busted getting free CI ID00 more than 2 times per year, cause I was told that a CI employee only gets 1 free pass per year on its own airline! I felt so sorry for them and the poor travel benefits. such as they cant fly DL on ID90 while DL employees can purchase as many ID90 on CI. for CI, you have to be a high ranking executive to get the perks. I guess its great that entry level and up in US are glad to get the best travel benefits in industry. dont bother about J /F class on QF. just be glad getting on. maybe QF people cant get unlimited rides on their own metal per year? I may be wrong.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Flying Belgian

Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:49 pm

Simple answer? NO. Even QF's own staff i think now need to serve 7 years or something in order to even purchase staff business class for long haul. So if you're with AA or something, forget it. That and business class across the pacific tends to run full... remember this is technically the only airline that is "officially" offering flatbeds in business class, and the only one offering non-stop. It runs pretty full. Don't even bother talk about first. It's exclusively for the southern hemisphere's elite, and it will be full. As an aside, I had a friend just take it to Jo'berg and he said it was absolutely wonderful!

Sorry to deny this, but two good friends of mine went to Oz back in January as non-rev, via FRA and they were upgraded in C-class in two of their three legs on QF (they did FRA-SIN on LH in c-class as well).
He told me he was well dressed with a tie BTW.

FB.
Life is great at 41.000 feet...