Ibhayi
Topic Author

Sapphire Benefits For OneWorld

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:57 am

Ther Iberia websites states that a Sapphire or Iberia Gold Card member may enter any Iberia one one world lounge with a guest provided they have their card and both parties are travelling on a one world airline.

However at the one world website it makes no mention of this, it states that an Iberia Gold member may utalise the lounge themself.

However the British Airways benefits for a Sapphire member include lounge access with a guest?

Is this a decision based made by each airline or does sapphire afford any one world member and their guest lounge access?

The american airlines sapphire doesnt allow lounge access with in the US under certain conditions however on intercon they allow lounge access, yet they as well as IB fail to state if a guest may accompnay the member.
fat girls give the best head because they're hungry

Lufthansa747

RE: Sapphire Benefits For OneWorld

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:01 am

Guest is allowed for any OW Sapphire.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

Trvlr

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:49 am

In my experience, American is usually lenient enough to allow OW Sapphire members and their immediate family into a club (when reasonable). British Airways is a little more discriminating. An agent once almost denied my family and I access to the BA Exec Lounge at Heathrow due to the one-guest rule--she had only seen my father's Sapphire card, and hence decreed that only he and one other person would be allowed in (as if that was even a possibility with myself, my mother, and my younger sister in tow). Luckily, I also had a Sapphire card which allowed all four of us in.

Try posting this same question on the airline boards at FlyerTalk--the frequent flyers there will probably have some good answers and real-world experience to share.

Aaron G.

fbgdavidson

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:56 am

The way I interpret it is that OW Sapphire allows one guest per eligible cardholder on all OW flights except where a lounge of an airline denies their own members. e.g. AA Plats (OW Sapphires) not allowed in ACs unless flying internationally and BA cannot deny IB Sapphires access for guests to lounges.

I've not had experiences in getting more than one guest in BA lounges and when my father was a longstanding BA Gold we had no problems in getting the whole family in First lounges and Concorde Rooms when flying J, I remember when the CCR at LHR looked like Hyacinth Bucket's living room! Alas the boot is often on the other foot now and I am the one taking him in on my BA card  Wink
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey