FLYiCRJ

TED At EWR?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:06 am

Today wasnt the first time I saw TED at EWR, over the past year I have seen TED at least a dozen times at EWR. Todays flight was United 422 DEN-EWR it was operated by TED. So, is TED planning to service EWR in the near future or were all these flights just equipment replacements??

AlitaliaMD11

RE: TED At EWR?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:37 am

It was deffitenley an equipment change, this has happened a couple of times in the past at EWR and LGA and I assume for other United A320 destinations.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tom Turner

The photo was take at EWR.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ron Peel

The photo was taken at LGA.

As far as I know TED has know plans to start Eastern routes, but then again I don't know much about United.
No Vueling No Party

mattnrsa

RE: TED At EWR?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:39 pm

UA is converting either 9 or 11 Airbuses to TED over the next few months. They are painted first and reconfigured several weeks later. There will be many "TED" sightings in mainline cities over the next few months because of this.

Of course there is the occasional substitution, but most of these coming up are actually mainline planes waiting for the new seat configuration. Many CSRs have been getting nervous these last few weeks when they see an Airbus with the TED livery pull up as they work a flight with a fully booked First Class cabin!