Pomnath
Topic Author

Cash Valuables And Security At Airports In India

Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:41 pm

Fact is, security and passenger frisking at airports has improved over the last few years, especially since the CISF took over. Most places the CISF are ultra polite and decent.

But at Dabolim, Goa (GOI) I was witness to some amazing happenings.

The security guard at the x-ray machine insisted that everybody place all their belongings, even wallets and currency notes, into hand baggage.

I said no, and took the currency notes as well as credit cards out and put them in my hand as I walked through frisking.

Visitors to India please beware of this. You are entitled to carry your very valuable items, like currency notes, plastic money, jewelery, on your person, if you feel that it is risky to leave it in the hand baggage. Ofcourse, metal items like coins, mobile phones, inhalers/nebulisers, tie-clips etc. need to be sent through x-ray.
Sea to Sky, Racists should Die!!

joshdean

RE: Cash Valuables And Security At Airports In India

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:54 pm

I had a similar experince in Goa in January 2002. Security was very tight as this was only few months following on from 9/11, also something had recently flared up in Kashmir. Before boarding the security guards were screening everything, they opened my sister's camera and for a short while were trying to tell her she couldn't board with it, but they eventually came round.