planesarecool

Bristol Airport Help

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:59 am

Hi,

I'm flying from Bristol airport next tuesday and have never been there before at all. I'll be there for about 2 hours before my flight, is there anywhere where you can see across the apro/runway either airside or landside? Also what facilities (shops/food etc) are there on either side of security? Basically, would you recommend going through straight away or hanging around landside first?

Also on a completely different note, does anybody know if the shuttle buses between Luton Airport and the station (Parkway) will still operate at around 9pm?

Thanks
Stephen

ZSOFN

RE: Bristol Airport Help

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:33 am

Hey Planesarecool, welcome to Bristol!

About the airport: It's got most of what you need in order to kill some time. The modern STN-style terminal is nice for some apron views and of Gates 1-3 but certainly not good enough to get some photos through the windows.

Certainly don't hang around landside - there's nothing really there apart from check-in and a clothes shop. Go straight through and head for the pub above the gates on the left hand side.

Here's a good website for some live info:

http://apron.bristolairport.com/standsflash.asp

Quoting Planesarecool (Thread starter):
Also on a completely different note, does anybody know if the shuttle buses between Luton Airport and the station (Parkway) will still operate at around 9pm?

I presume you mean BRS  

There's just the Bristol Flyer service that goes from BRS to the city centre via Temple Meads. The last bus isn't till 23.40 on a weekday. Here's the timetable.

You can get a connecting train to Parkway from Temple Meads if you need to - jump on a Virgin Trains service heading for the North.

EDIT: Did you mean Luton Airport to Luton station?  Confused

[Edited 2005-10-19 00:37:25]

filton216

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:40 am

Another good idea is to visit http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/info...ation/airportinfo/airportinfo.aspx

This will give you a map of the terminal airside and landside. Normaly from the airside on the mezz before you go through sercurity you can get a good view of the runway.

Hope this helps

filton216
Filton216 - The home of Concorde 216!

planesarecool

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 am

ZSOFN,

I meant Luton  Wink . I'm going to Bristol to deliver something to a friend, then flying to Belfast and flying back to Luton that evening. Thanks for your advice and that site is wicked! I just wish there was one like that for Gatwick!

Filton,

Thank you for your help, I should have checked the official site first  Smile

ZSOFN

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:28 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 3):
Thanks for your advice and that site is wicked!

I know! Not often you get instant access to that sort of info...

Enjoy your trip!

Tom

planesarecool

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 am

Just out of interest, do the easyjet 737-700's move around a lot from base to base? Or is it likely that i may get one of G-EZJN,EZJY,EZKB,EZKC which are there now (plus whatever else is coming in) in 6 days time? Also im assuming its only remote stands at Bristol? Or am i wrong?

Thanks again
Stephen

ZSOFN

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:29 pm

They move around a bit (I think NCL shares a few) but the regulars seem to be:

-JL, -JM, -JN, -JS, -JT, -JW, -JX, -JY, -JZ, most of the -Ks.

Will soon become an A319 base though - next month or so apparently. Don't know how long it'll take.

geoffm

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Quoting Planesarecool (Thread starter):
is there anywhere where you can see across the apro/runway either airside or landside

http://www.eggd.co.uk/ - there is information about spotting - but you'll need a car as it's a very long walk. Go to the Airport Information page, then Airfield Viewing Information.

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 5):
Just out of interest, do the easyjet 737-700's move around a lot from base to base?

On the same site there is a list of aircraft movements, with tail regs as well. You should be able to work out how often the 700s visit.

Geoff M.