jim

Jim's Going To Boeing Again..permanently!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:38 am

Hey, ya'll...

Long time members may remember that I spent 7 weeks at the Boeing training facility in 1999 attending the 767-400ER Initial training school. I posted several times over the time of the course, mainly just to have something to talk about. Since then, I helped teach the course here at Delta for about 1 year and then I moved on to other training jobs.

Well, now I am moving on again. I am leaving Delta to go work for Boeing. After 16 years, I have found a job that I am sure I will really love. I've been told that I will start on 4 November. I am to work on the 747 program providing maintenance training. My wife and I are packing up and leaving Atlanta at the end of the month.

I don't know the "lay of the land" yet, in regards to postings and email at Boeing. But rest assured that If I can, I'll be checking in from time to time!

Thanks to everyone throughout the years who posted comments and gave me the right answers!

wedgetail737

RE: Jim's Going To Boeing Again..permanently!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:42 am

Jim:

Where is your job location going to be? Seattle, Everett, etc.? Depending on where you work, I have some suggestions as to where to live.

Tan Flyr

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:01 am

Jim..Good Luck..Keep us all posted.

Safe Landings!

MarshalN

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:48 am

Hey, good luck! I don't know you, but I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

If you are going to Seattle, make sure you find some time to visit YVR -- the best airport in North America, I dare say, and awesome sushi in town  Smile. I have other recommendations for Vancouver if you care to go. Definitely worth a drive up.

Areopagus

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:02 am

Quoting MarshalN (Reply 3):
make sure you find some time to visit YVR -- the best airport in North America

Some years ago, I took a DHC-8 from SEA to YVR. I'm sorry to say I don't recall anything about the airport, but it was a magnificent flight, with gorgeous land, sea, and sky.

Ken777

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:11 am

Congrats on the job and all the very best. With luck you'll get to train a lot of people on 747ADV maintenance!

PHXinterrupted

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:30 am

Quoting MarshalN (Reply 3):
If you are going to Seattle, make sure you find some time to visit YVR -- the best airport in North America,

It is a nice airport, but I wouldn't call it the best airport in North America.
Keepin' it real.

jim

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:55 pm

Thanks for all your kind thoughts!

I am going to be at the Tuklwila training facility. My wife and I are going to close on a house in Kent tomorrow...We will move in after our stuff arrives in early November.

My wife and I have visited Vancouver very briefly...ok, we drove through on our way to the cruise ship terminal,...we both thought it was a very beautiful city, and well maintained....we will try to get back up there in the spring for a weekend getaway....

I am hoping for the 747 ADV, but I'll take what they give me  Wink

USAF336TFS

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 pm

Congrats Jim and good luck!! You're fortunate enough to work for one of the world's truly great companies!
336th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB

HAWK21M

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:39 pm

Quoting Jim (Thread starter):
I am to work on the 747 program providing maintenance training.

Great News.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

ETStar

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:11 pm

Quoting Jim (Reply 7):

My wife and I have visited Vancouver very briefly...ok, we drove through on our way to the cruise ship terminal,...we both thought it was a very beautiful city, and well maintained....we will try to get back up there in the spring for a weekend getaway....

Jim, welcome to our neck of the woods. Once you spend a minute at YVR close to the north runway threshold, I am sure you will make many more frequent trips.

bahadir

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:23 pm

Jim,
you will be in the Long Acres facility. Congrats on the job.

I interviewed with them last October but they hired someone else. They pay bad in IT anyways but it would be nice to work 10 minutes walk from my "night job"  Smile

Stop by Renton Airport and say hi once the dust gets settled from the move.
Earthbound misfit I