musapapaya

I Saw A Lot Of Contrails On The Sky...

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:13 am

I live in Nottingham of the UK and today I was on my friend's car back from school. It was like 4.30 in the afternoon and i saw lots of westbound flight flying high above the sky... I suddenly have a feeling, when can I escape from this boring place? I want to go somewhere, I want to go to PMI, have some sunshine there, or go to Munich have a good beer, go to Cologne have some chocolate, or Brussels for whatever... Although I have been to all these places before, I just want to escape...

So what will you guys think in your mind when you see these beautiful contrails on the sky? What will be in your brains? Perhaps lets have a little sharing here with you aviation guys?

Wish you all well and regards.

William
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

planesailing

RE: I Saw A Lot Of Contrails On The Sky...

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:16 am

Quoting Musapapaya (Thread starter):
So what will you guys think in your mind when you see these beautiful contrails on the sky?

My thoughts, I want that to be my companies plane flying over.

I wish...

I suddenly have a feeling, when can I escape from this boring place?

That would be Nov. 1st when I go to San Francisco for a week.  Smile

AirWillie6475

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:44 am

So what will you guys think in your mind when you see these beautiful contrails on the sky?

I think , oh god it's probably going to rain the next few days as long contrails show humidity in the atmosphere.

wrighbrothers

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:40 am

I live under the LHR flight path and when it's a clear blue sky and it's nice and quiet ( non plane noises) I just smile and realize how great life is.
I also "plan" where I would like to go. LAX, SFO,JFK,MIA,ORD,SYD/MEL, NRT , Hong Kong etc.what airline I would fly, which class etc
e.g- My last one earlier this week was: BA LHR-LAX in first class, 4Nights in an airport hotel and do lots and lots of spotting.
I visit LHR almost every Saturday and I wish I could just walk through the passport control ( legally though  Wink ) and go to EDI or GLA for a days spotting but I don't hink that will happen for a while. So sitting by the LHR runways will have to do for now  Smile
But I could be alone on this one

Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

FJWH

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:28 am

When I see planes and their contrails I am wondering a lot:

Altitude
airline
reg number of plane
type of plane
Flying from where to where?
Etcetera,

but also: ONE DAY I wanna become a pilot. And next Monday my tests will start for the KLM Flight Academy. I hope I come through.

Frederik
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

David L

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:38 am

The contrails I see are mostly from North Atlantic flights. On a clear, sunny day I just think that's where I want to be (on the flight, that is, not in the North Atlantic - unless it's in the Azores).

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 2):
as long contrails show humidity in the atmosphere

You've got it wrong. Contrails aren't the result of the weather, they're the cause of the the weather in an evil multi-government plot.  Smile

AlitaliaMD11

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 am

This qoute pretty much somes up what I feel when I see contrails!!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
No Vueling No Party

wrighbrothers

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:59 am

Quoting FJWH (Reply 4):
And next Monday my tests will start for the KLM Flight Academy. I

I wish you the very best of luck, i'm sure you'll do just fine

Wrighbrothers
P.S- When you are a pilot I want a free jump seat ride  Wink
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

legion242

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:04 am

I usually just wish that I was on that plane- no matter where it's going. The surprise would be fun.
Don't make me release the monkeys!!

DLPMMM

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 am

I think "Where did I put my foil cap". Don't you know these are actually "chemtrails".

I am joking here, but some idiots think it is a CIA plot toward some nefarious mind control plan.

Google it if you want a good laugh.

DrDeke

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:56 am

As someone who only became particularly interested in aviation within the last two years, it is really amazing how much more attention you play to flying-related matters on a day-to-day basis. I very rarely was aware of airplanes passing overhead in the past, but now it seems like I see them almost every time I go outside!

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

Thorben

Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:25 am

From my garden I can see the LHR-Southeast Asia and FRA-East Asia routes. When the weather is fine, I always have the binoculars ready. When I see them, I can often identify the aircraft and the operator. Then I wish I had better binoculars, so that I could see the reg. Sometimes I wish I was in the plane, just to be in the plane, maybe sitting in first class and enjoying good food there. I don't think too much about the destinations. And I'm also looking forward to see the A380 with my own eyes. LH, SQ, MH, TG, and QF are candidates to have it flying over my house.
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011

musapapaya

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:21 pm

Thanks guys for your sharings - I am very happy to be dreaming right here on a friday afternoon and... perhaps yeah, lets have some planning where to go perhaps during christams? Cheers!
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

lexer

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:51 pm

When I see a plane in the sky I tend to think that the life of at least one person on board will be meaningfully changed as a result of that flight. Call me a romantic..  Smile

RAMPRAT980

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:00 pm

Quoting David L (Reply 5):
You've got it wrong. Contrails aren't the result of the weather, they're the cause of the the weather in an evil multi-government plot.

Let see who do we blame ? G.W. ? Tony ? Slick Willy ? Evita Peron aka Hillary ?
With gun control there can be no democracy.. With gun control there can be no Freedom

TriStar500

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:04 pm

Chemtrails anyone?  Wink Big grin
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

David L

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:55 am

Quoting RAMPRAT980 (Reply 14):
Let see who do we blame ? G.W. ? Tony ? Slick Willy ? Evita Peron aka Hillary ?

The Boogie.

Slarty

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:15 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 15):
Chemtrails anyone?

Isn't that our governments spreading airborne infectious materials (migratory bird patterms, my @ss)? or some new neuro-stimulating biologicals which make some of us spend inordinate amounts of time posting on message boards, web surfing, and blogging ourselves to death, all the while as the planet's resources are dwindling, natural disasters are increasing, ice caps are melting, and the populations are dying of heart disease, etc., etc., etc.

On a happier note, I finishing prepping my garden for the winter  Smile

LOL

aircanada014

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 pm

Each time when I see contrails I wish that was me up there right now taking a nice holiday away from home, family and friends and work too.

sidishus

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:30 pm

the truth: first it is ridiculed second it is violently opposed finally it is accepted as self-evident

thomasphoto60

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:33 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 9):
I think "Where did I put my foil cap". Don't you know these are actually "chemtrails".

I am joking here, but some idiots think it is a CIA plot toward some nefarious mind control plan.

Google it if you want a good laugh.

You beat me to it DLPMMM. Indeed Chemtrails....cough..cough....Contrails for you gullible non conspiracy theorist bunch are either a form of mind control, weather modification or a way of population control, depending on which wacko theory you are inclined to believe.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

skywatch

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:42 pm

I saw a fair share of contrails today. I always wish to be in the air when I see one. But then I realize I am on the ground and start thinking "Quick! To the computer! Look up the area "radar" and see what flight number that is! How high is he? Where is it going?" and so on......And since I got my new camera I have also started experimenting with contrail shots. In the winter I get the treat of seeing KLM685 and DLH498 fly over my hometown of Round Rock, TX as they fly towards MEX.

---Skywatch
------Forever Watchin' The Sky------

andz

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:43 pm

We never see contrails here....  Sad
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

irishmd11

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:08 pm

Hmmm, can't always be me...

Will have my turn again coming Wednesday, from GVA to MAD and then one of the Signapore 744's (in Iberia colours) down to TFN. Sure am looking foward to some holidays.

Cheers!

Gerry
ATR 72,Avro 85,BAC 1-11,Concorde,Trident,BAE146,BN Islander,707,727,737,741,743,744757,767,772,773,DC-9,DC-10,MD-11,MD-8