Tom in NO
Topic Author

WN Adding 7 Flights At MSY In Mid-November?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:43 pm

I heard through the grapevine this morning that WN will be adding roughly seven flights at MSY in mid-November. Can anyone add any details regarding cites/routes and frequencies?

Tom at MSY

[Edited 2005-10-25 16:44:13]
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

georgiabill

RE: WN Adding 7 Flights At MSY In Mid-November?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Nice to see MSY slowly recovering. Just a guess perhaps a flight to BWI, 2 to MDW, 1 or 2 to DAL and 1 or 2 to BNA

PVD757

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:08 am

if this holds true, then BWI has got to be in the mix to open up the east coast to WN travelers. MDW, BNA, DAL are all great guesses too. I'd even add the PHL flight back into the mix soon too. I'll be looking for the PR.

MSYtristar

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:26 am

Tom, I've heard that they will have six HOU flights as of January. Those extra flights that you're talking about would be much needed though, considering the extremely high load factors of flights to/from MSY right now. And the best part? The vast majority of it is not low yield traffic.

If they do indeed add 7 more, here is what I would like to see...

DAL (2)
BNA (1)
BWI (1)
MCO (1)
LAX (1)
MDW (1)

whiskeyhotel

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 am

I don't know how you couldn't call it low-yield. My recent flight to MSY (Outbound on Wed the 19th, return Yesterday, the 24th) on CO was a full Y fare for 215.00, including taxes. I'll pay that for full Y anytime, given it includes the elite Y-up and 150% EQM bonus

N1120A

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:06 am

Quoting WhiskeyHotel (Reply 4):
I don't know how you couldn't call it low-yield. My recent flight to MSY (Outbound on Wed the 19th, return Yesterday, the 24th) on CO was a full Y fare for 215.00, including taxes. I'll pay that for full Y anytime, given it includes the elite Y-up and 150% EQM bonus

On IAH-MSY? That is fair for a full fare ticket on that run. It is only a 40 minute flight
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MSYtristar

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:46 am

Quoting WhiskeyHotel (Reply 4):
I don't know how you couldn't call it low-yield

I was talking about in general, the prices down here are more than they were pre-Katrina. Supply and demand. Less flights, less seats, but high demand from contractors, engineers, relief workers, etc. The airlines can charge what they want. Until the tourism industry really gets back into full force here, which probably won't happen for a while, I'd think that the yields would be well above what they were pre-Katrina.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos