kimmykun

Canceled Flight Question

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:30 am

A friend of mine was to fly MCO-MIA-SFO tomorrow afternoon, but the MCO-MIA portion of her flights were cancelled. Now, she booked her ticket through Hotwire and the only thing in Hotwire's Q&A about canceled flights only refers to cancellations on the day of flight (which says it's up to the airline like any other ticket).

Now, will she be able to get a reroute tomorrow? Anyone has any experience with Hotwire or any such site? Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

timeair

RE: Canceled Flight Question

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:11 pm

If the flight is cancelled by the airline for MTC or Crew, she will have to reaccomodated on the next avail. flight, either through to orig connecting gateway, a new routing altogether on same carrier or finally via another carrier altogether.
If the flight was cancelled due to a sked change by the carrier, it is the responsibility of the wholesaler/agency to rebook and reissue ticket accordingly. This may be impossible if on a paper ticket, but I am sure that, like most N.A. carriers, she was issued an electronic ticket, which is easy for the wholesaler/agency to re-issue.
I would tell her to check in at least 2-3 hours prior to scheduled departure at the respective carrier so as they can help rectify the problem.
You can't get there from here.

airlinelover

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:15 pm

Quoting Kimmykun (Thread starter):
Now, she booked her ticket through Hotwire and the only thing in Hotwire's Q&A about canceled flights only refers to cancellations on the day of flight (which says it's up to the airline like any other ticket).

This is why sites like hotwire or expedia or travelocity is a big problem.. You can easily be left screwed if somthing goes wrong.. ALWAYS BOOK THRU THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY! You have a MUCH higher chance of things being straightened out that way..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

LongbowPilot

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:16 pm

Yes she will get a reroute. As long as she didn't do anything to miss her flight she should be A-OK.

FutureFO

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Considering there is damage to the MIA airport, it is not a crew or MX issue. She will be rerouted directly out of MCO.

Sean from MCO and STL
I Don't know where I am anymore

timeair

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:32 pm

So, there wasn't maybe damage to aircraft..or they couldn't get a crew in to sub for a crew already time-x'd..or u may be possibly right, just damage to facilities...but i was just outlining the "possible" reasons for the xxltn....
You can't get there from here.

positiverate

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:35 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 2):
ALWAYS BOOK THRU THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY! You have a MUCH higher chance of things being straightened out that way..

Wait though...what about the "roaming gnome who enforces the Travelocity guarantee"??  laughing