gkirk

Air Canada Drop GLA-YYZ Permananently

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:36 am

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5044926.html
T'is a shame, but too much competition I suppose.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

AV8AJET

RE: Air Canada Drop GLA-YYZ Permananently

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:08 am

That is a shame, now if GLA could get an ATL-GLA-ATL flight that would be great!
"To fly or not to fly there is no question!"

Damian

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:45 am

DL to Atlanta will op from EDI from next May, so I don't think that's on the cards. AA to BOS seems a distinct possibility, though.

A great shame about AC leaving Scotland for good. Perhaps Zoom will increase their GLA schedules in response?

ACDC8

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:49 am

Sorry, but where in the article does it say permanently? AC said that they won't be back next summer due to schedule changes. Never say never in the airline industry. Just like Westjet, they said that they'd never fly farther east the Winnipeg, then they said never farther then Thunder Bay, then they said they'd never fly into YYZ, then they said that they'd never fly south of the border. And look at them today. Point is, nothing is permanent in the airline biz and I'm quite sure that AC will eventually return to GLA (which is a beautiful city BTW).
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

9252fly

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:57 am

It's surely a sign of how times have changed. Perhaps the sad part is to see an airline leave a market after 60 years of service. Clearly the yields in this particular case have declined to a point that AC has to make a business decision based on what the forecasted return would be if they chose to continue operating that route. It's good to see others,such as Zoom,will continue offering service on that route. I understand part of the decision had a lot to do with aircraft availability and where best to deploy resources next year.

aircanada014

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 am

Thats right AC will come back to Scotland someday but for now will focus a codeshare with BMI from LHR to GLA.