Lee
Topic Author

UK Airlines With Undergraduate Placements

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:00 am

Hi, I'm a student currently studying towards a degree in business and management, as part of my degree I have to undertake a 1 year placement in a company. Being very keen in aviation I was keen to find one at an airline or airport. Does anyone know of any UK airlines that run such schemes ?

Many thanks, Lee

Concorde001

RE: UK Airlines With Undergraduate Placements

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:36 pm

BA used to run a 'Placement Year' programme for undergraduates:

http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb1/images/client/ba/header.gif

But ever since 9/11 they have freezed all recruitment in graduate programmes, undergraduate programmes and the Trainee Pilot Scheme! I think it will be a while yet till they restart any of these programmes! By all means check out http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/ on a regular basis - you never know they may start recruiting!

In the mean time, I would suggest other airlines that have a HQ base in Britain, for example Air France.

They usually have Work Placement programmes in management, customer service etc! Only last week they had something that could have suited you - I have just check know and they only have the Customer Relations work placement vacancy left, which I don't think is suited you - but again, by all means check out their website:

http://www.airfrance.co.uk/
and click on 'About Air France', then 'Recruitment'!

I hope this helps!

Lee
Topic Author

RE: UK Airlines With Undergraduate Placements

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:26 am

Wow, thanks for the great reply  Smile im sorry to hear BA have stopped their scheme, i had seen it on the website but wasnt sure if they still did it. Ill check out air france, thanks again, Lee

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos