simairlinenet

Era's Bethel Operations No Longer With Alaska?

Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:41 pm

Looking through Alaska's PDF timetable and timetable program, I notice that Era's operations from Bethel are no longer listed, however the flights are still running, according to the Era website. Era's operations from Anchorage are still part of the Alaska timetable. Why are the Bethel flights no longer included by Alaska? Have they discontinued codesharing on these services?

GentFromAlaska

RE: Era's Bethel Operations No Longer With Alaska?

Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:45 am

Did you notice if the codeshare with AS is shown for other Alaska cities or is this unique to Bethel?

ERA sold or is in the process of selling their fixed wing division to an employee group. SECOR or SECON or something like that.

The Texas company that purchased the helicopter division didn't want anything to do with the fixed wing operations. The helicopter division is flying hurricane relief missions under contract in the U.S. gulf coast. I understand their primary mission is shuttle oil rig employees to/from the platforms.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

simairlinenet

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:26 am

Yes, Alaska's timetable still shows Era and PenAir's flights from Anchorage.

loisencroach

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:47 am

I didn't know they published places like Eek and Hooper Bay in the Alaska timetable. I don't know why they started excluding BET conx.

Chugach

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:41 am

Not entirely on topic, but I noticed that Era has some interesting flight schedules into Kodiak right now. On seemingly random days, they will have a flight stop in Kenai or Homer on the way into ADQ...ie ANC-ENA-ADQ or ANC-HOM-ADQ. It just pops up kind of randomly in the schedule...no real set days or anything. I'm sure it's just for aircraft positioning/maintenance, but I thought it was kind of interesting.
GO ROCKETS