MHG
Topic Author

Scheduled Helicopter Service In Norway

Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:13 pm

Is there any (probably norwegian) around who can help to obtain some further details regarding the scheduled helicopter flights between Bodoe and Vaeroy. Operated by Helicopter Service A/S resp. CHC (canadian)

I already have the schedule availlable and also (at least...) a single fare through www.wideroe.no as flights seem not to be listed in any regular reservations system!
Next to this there is no website giving further details (like e.g. in the U.K. for the heliservice from Penzance to the Scilly Isles)

So, i am looking for a phonenumber probably in Bodoe and anything WRITTEN like a brochure etc.
Maybe one of our norwegian friends is "based" in Bodoe and willing to help me out.
Do they have own ticket stock for those flights???
How difficult is it to get a seat with relatively short notice??? (I can hardly imagine they operate the S-61 always 100% full...)
Are there different fares availlable? (so far i got always quoted the same fare from Wideroe but probably they have lower ones availlable sometimes direct at the local ticketoffice - if there is one...)

Thanks ahead,
Best regards,
Juergen
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

breiz

RE: Scheduled Helicopter Service In Norway

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:17 am

Quoting MHG (Thread starter):
Is there any (probably norwegian) around who can help to obtain some further details regarding the scheduled helicopter flights between Bodoe and Vaeroy.

Jürgen, try this:
http://www.lofoten-startside.no/kommunikasjon.htm
and click on the Heli-Team box.

RedChili

Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:49 pm

Here's the website for the Vaeroy Heliport:
http://www.avinor.no/English/Airports/Varoy_Heliport/
Top 10 airplanes: B737, T154, B747, IL96, T134, IL62, A320, MD80, B757, DC10

MHG
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Nobody from Norway around here???

breiz

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:18 am

Quoting MHG (Reply 3):
Nobody from Norway around here???

What do you mean "Nobody from Norway around here?".
Despite his Swedish location, RedChili flies the Norwegian flag, and I, despite my French citizenship, leave in Stavanger, Norway.
Besides, as long as Jürgen gets the information he needs, who cares if it comes for Norway or not.

vfw614

Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:09 pm

Lufttransport AS has taken delivery of a 12seat Bell/Agusta AB139 (LN-OLV) earlier in October for the Bodo-Vaeroy route, so I would not count on a S61 and seats being readily available....

MHG
Topic Author

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:46 am

Quoting Breiz (Reply 4):

At the time i asked if there´s nobody norwegian around there was not yet any other posting!

So, it was a mere "mayday"...

Of course i don´t care wether i get info from a norwegian national or anybody else!
I was just expecting the highest chance to get infos from a local as my request was a rather "special" topic...