PresRDC
Topic Author

What Should I Do?

Thu May 18, 2000 4:42 am

I probabvly know what the consensus will be on this, but I figure I'll ask anyway.

Over Memorial Day, I will be returning from Ft. Myers to Chicago via Atlanta on Delta. The flight I am scheduled to take from Atlanta to Chicago is a 757, a type that I've flown on several times before. This flight leaves somewhere around 2:00pm. If, however, I wait until 5:00, I can take an L-1011, a type which I have not flown since I was a very little kid and which I fear may be retired before I can fly one again. I don't mind spending extra time in ATL, but I do hav eot start work the next day at a big time Chicago law firm. Should I delay my return and take the L-1011? Provided that the flight is not full, will I have difficulty switching flights as a standby?

TWFirst

RE: What Should I Do?

Thu May 18, 2000 4:54 am

Question 1: Yes, provided you understand and accept the consequences of your decision (should the flight be cancelled/delayed and you get to bed late or don't get into Chicago until the next morning, etc.)

Question 2: Depends on the fare rules of your ticket, but generally, no, it's not a problem.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

747-600X

RE: What Should I Do?

Thu May 18, 2000 4:57 am

Well, if you're as crazy about L-1011s as some of us are, definitley go with the Lockheed, however, as both you and TWFirst suggested, if this is going to cause a great deal of scheduling headaches, it wouldn't be such a great idea. I personally wouldn't think twice before going with the Lockheed, but I'm crazy about them. They fly very well, but then again so do 757s, which are very powerful themselves. I guess, thus, its just a matter of which aircraft you like better. AKA: TAKE THE L-1011!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos