ssides

AA First Class Service - What Did I Miss?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:29 am

I was disappointed yesterday when I had to change my AA ORD-DFW flight. I was booked in first class on the 6pm flight, which was the daily 777. However, due to a business meeting running over, I had to bump back to the 8:30, which was the regular MD80 that I've been on a hundred times.

I have always wanted to fly in the first class cabin on AA's 777s and experience that service, even if only for a two-hour flight. My question: what did I miss? How does the domestic 777 first-class service compare to the international service? I'm sure it's much less lavish, but you can't change the seat.

I'm definitely going to shoot for that cabin the next time I head to ORD or MIA.

BTW, anyone know if these domestic 777 flights to/from ORD and MIA are continuations to/from international flights?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

daron4000

RE: AA First Class Service - What Did I Miss?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:52 am

I flew MIA-JFK on a 777 in First and it was great. The seat was the bed, and since I was with our family, we could eat across from each other. They only served a pizza, but I think it was semi-off meal time. Also, they didn't utilize the PTV, which was disapointing and something UA does on all its domestic PTV flights. Overall, the seat made up for it and a great flight crew to make it a very great flight, plus a great new years holiday in NYC!

BHMNONREV

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:02 am

Quoting Ssides (Thread starter):
BTW, anyone know if these domestic 777 flights to/from ORD and MIA are continuations to/from international flights?

Not sure about MIA but the ORD flights to/from DFW are continuations to/from LHR. My guess is the MIA flights are headed to South America (EZE, GRU)

pilottim747

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:06 am

Quoting Daron4000 (Reply 1):
Also, they didn't utilize the PTV, which was disapointing and something UA does on all its domestic PTV flights.

I flew ORD-DFW-ORD on two AA 777s a year ago. There was PTV service on both flights.

pilottim747
Aviation Photographers & Enthusiasts--Coordinate your life.

mirrodie

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 am

search under the trip reports section for a thread by user AA 777.

It has some great info and pics from his flight on the AA 777
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

kanebear

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:37 am

DFW-ORD and vv. are mostly configured with old F and are the coffin beds (2x2x2 180 degree lie flat seats). Nice but IMO nothing special. DFW-MIA and vv. are mostly configured with the Flagship suites (1x2x1 swivelling 180degree layflat seats) and rock. IMO it's a fabulous way to spend 10 hours if ya gotta fly longhaul.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos