N723GW
Topic Author

A Bankrupt Airline In Every Airport?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:50 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was thinking about it...with a very few exceptions...(airports in ND, MT) is there a bankrupt carrier in every U.S. Airport? For example, here in MKG, we have YX and XJ...which is bankrupt. In GRR, my secong home-away-from-home, there is NW, UA and DL...(well, not any more, but ASA and OH.) What about your airport?
The dude abides

DLKAPA

RE: A Bankrupt Airline In Every Airport?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:29 pm

DEN has TZ (for the time being), UA of course, NW, and DL. DRO has UA (UAx actually).
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

PanAm747

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:47 pm

Well, if you're going strictly by the airlines, BFL has only SkyWest (United Express to LAX/SFO and Delta Connection to SLC), USAirways Express (PHX and LAS), and COExpress (IAH).

None of those three commuter airlines is operating in bankruptcy; however, United Express connects with United which is, so I guess it's a matter of semantics.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

OOer

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:00 pm

Lots of smaller airports in Texas have service from only CO and AA and SW neither of which are in BK!!!!!