WDBRR
Topic Author

Jetblue At EWR

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:28 am

I know that Jetblue started with gates A21 and A22.
were these former Air Canada gates? noticed they
occasionally use gate A18 in another concourse was
this ATA's former gate? noticed Continental uses gates
A20 and A23 in the same concourse.

Jerseyguy

RE: Jetblue At EWR

Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:48 am

Hmm..I wonder if the situation is temporary at A18 or if B6 will start additional flights out of EWR in the near future, from what I've heard the FL flights are doing well. It would be nice to see Jetblue expand at EWR. Maybe a EWR-LGB flight for connections to West Coast cities.
Webmaster of an unoffical TTN page see profile for details

ikramerica

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:20 am

Quoting JerseyGuy (Reply 1):
Maybe a EWR-LGB flight for connections to West Coast cities.

B6 is not a connections airline. Further, they don't fly anywhere on the west coast from LGB outside of Oakland.

B6 is not the answer to all aviation questions, despite what you have heard. Outside the Northeast, they barely serve anywhere but some low yield vacation spots and some MAJOR cities around the nation.

Of course you could fly any other airline out of EWR and connect to many west coast locations (or fly directly from EWR on CO to a huge number of destinations around the country or the world for a good price), but why bother doing that? Why support the airline that has made EWR what it is without totally screwing over it's local population?

It's a much better idea to just hope and pray B6 decides to serve someplace you wanted to fly from EWR, since they are the only answer...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

md90fan

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:21 am

They(B6) fly LGB-LAS,OAK and SLC, I would think those are west coast cities
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

iowaman

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:33 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 2):
B6 is not a connections airline.

What about the upstate NY-JFK runs?

Further, they don't fly anywhere on the west coast from LGB outside of Oakland.

What about SEA, PDX, SMF, SJC, ONT, BUR, SAN? They also fly to LAS, PHX, SLC, and DEN in the western U.S.

Jerseyguy

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:47 am

B6 is not a connections airline.

Tell that to the people from BUF, SYR, ROC, BTV, and soon RIC who will be connecting to many destinations on B6 such as MCO, TPA, RSW, LGB, SLC, LAS.

Of course you could fly any other airline out of EWR and connect to many west coast locations (or fly directly from EWR on CO to a huge number of destinations around the country or the world for a good price),

If my travels take me to a place that Jetblue doesn't fly then I will do that. You like Continental, I like Jetblue.

It's a much better idea to just hope and pray B6 decides to serve someplace you wanted to fly from EWR, since they are the only answer...

Jetblue..Its not the only answer but it should be  Big grin

Cory6188

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:11 pm

Quoting JerseyGuy (Reply 5):
Jetblue..Its not the only answer but it should be

I understand that you like B6, and that's fine, but have fun traveling anywhere internationally on B6 except for NAS, STI, or CUN.

You may not like CO, but let me know how your flight goes on B6 next time to try to travel from EWR to HKG, NRT, LGW, DEL, GRU, PEK, OSL, ARN, CPH, FRA, MAN, BHX, BFS, DUB, SNN, CGN, HAM, TXL, FCO, MXP, GLA, EDI, GVA, ZRH, MAD, LIS, BCN, AMS, BRU, BRS, CDG, MEX, SJD, ACA, PVR, GUA, LIR, STT, AUA, ANU, SXM, BDACUR, BGI, GCM, SDQ, POP, PUJ, KIN, MBJ, POS, GUA, SJO, PTY, UIO, GYE, LIM, BOG, BZE, FPO, YYZ, YVR, YHZ, YYT, YYJ, or YYC.

What about SRQ, DAB, CAE, CHS, BWI, DCA, IAD, IAH, DFW, SAT, MSP, DTW, MKE, HNL, MCI, STL, ORD, MDW, IND, CLE, CMH, SDF, BNA, SJC, ABQ, OKC, OMA, TYS, GRR, MSN, ORF, ALB, BTV, MHT, ACK, BDL, AVL, MYR, SAV, GSP, GSO, or JAX?

You simply cannot deny that CO offers service that is incomparable to B6, regardless of how fantastic you might think that B6 is.

RAMPRAT980

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Airlines like Jet Blue compete with Amtrak and Greyhound. They would never be able to go toe to toe with the likes of CO.
With gun control there can be no democracy.. With gun control there can be no Freedom

jetbluefan1

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Quoting RAMPRAT980 (Reply 7):
Airlines like Jet Blue compete with Amtrak and Greyhound. They would never be able to go toe to toe with the likes of CO.

I'd strongly recommend re-thinking that statement.

JetBluefan1

Jerseyguy

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 6):
Jetblue..Its not the only answer but it should be

It was a joke. Ikramerica said that I thought Jetblue was the answer to everything.

You may not like CO, but let me know how your flight goes on B6 next time to try to travel from EWR to HKG, NRT, LGW, DEL, GRU, PEK, OSL, ARN, CPH, FRA, MAN, BHX, BFS, DUB, SNN, CGN, HAM, TXL, FCO, MXP, GLA, EDI, GVA, ZRH, MAD, LIS, BCN...

They don't fly to the cities you mentioned. Neither did Continental five years after it started business.

You simply cannot deny that CO offers service that is incomparable to B6, regardless of how fantastic you might think that B6 is.

Service has nothing to do with the amount of flights you have or the number of cities you serve. In what aspects does Continental have better service then Jetblue?

I never told anyone NOT to fly Continental, all I did was wonder if Jetblue would expand at EWR. Just like I'm sure you have, wondering if Continental will serve XYZ or if they will increase the frequency of a certain route. All of a sudden people start attacking me for liking Jetblue.

coewr777

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:16 pm

War lol Jetblue sucks end of statement!

Cory6188

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:43 pm

Quoting COEWR777 (Reply 10):
Jetblue sucks end of statement!

That's not really too fair of a statement either. B6 does have good service, no doubt about it, but sometimes, people often completely overlook the fact that B6 has fundamental shortcomings, such as its almost complete lack of international service.

I never said it's inflight service was poor - believe me, for as much as I like CO, inflight TV tops it all.

jetblueatjfk

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:20 pm

Every time the CO vs B6 thing comes up someone goes to international service but CO didn't have that when they were 5, it took a long time and service on-board jetBlue I feel beets it, not counting in FF miles or any other crap, but on board B6 has an edge.
Now this topic is about B6 using A18 in EWR not listing CO destinations.

airplane jetBlueAtJFK airplane 

MX757

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:47 pm

Quoting WDBRR (Thread starter):
I know that Jetblue started with gates A21 and A22.
were these former Air Canada gates? noticed they
occasionally use gate A18 in another concourse was
this ATA's former gate? noticed Continental uses gates
A20 and A23 in the same concourse.

Getting back to the subject of this thread. The gates B6 are using in EWR are old Song gates. They pulled out last September.
Is it broke...? Yeah I'll fix it.

Tornado82

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 11):
people often completely overlook the fact that B6 has fundamental shortcomings, such as its almost complete lack of international service.

When CO was 5, did they serve Chicago? Does JetBlue? It's only the 3rd biggest metro area in the US.

bigdrewfl

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:25 pm

Yes Jetblue is getting one more gate at EWR!!! (its confirmed) Rumor has it that Jetblue will go from 17 Flights a day to a range of 30-35 Flights a day by this coming Spring!!!!

Congrats Jetblue! Load factors out of EWR are excellent!!!

mariner

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:41 pm

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 14):
When CO was 5, did they serve Chicago?

I'm not sure - did they? I can't find a reliable history that mentions the first service to Chicago.

Depends when you think they started, maybe. If you include Varney Airlines, I don't think they served Chicago until much, much later.

And I don't think - I could be wrong - that they had flown a transcon by the time they were five years old.

But then again, I am not sure why every US airline has to serve every US city.

For example, a lot of people think that Alaska Airlines is not quite as good as it was when it was serving just Alaska, the West Cost and Mexico.

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

tpaewr

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:01 pm

Rather than worry about what CO or B6 did a 5, I'd question if B6 will see 70+ like CO, I doubt it. CO barely did itself!

apodino

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:53 pm

Quoting MX757 (Reply 13):
Getting back to the subject of this thread. The gates B6 are using in EWR are old Song gates. They pulled out last September.

You mean Song was in a different terminal than regular Delta, since Delta is in B, and if what you are saying is true, Song was in A? That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Air Canada in C for a while handled by CO when the two airlines had a very close relationship, before Air Canada jumped ship, joined Star Alliance, and became close with United?

jetbluefan1

Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:41 pm

Quoting Bigdrewfl (Reply 15):
Yes Jetblue is getting one more gate at EWR!!! (its confirmed) Rumor has it that Jetblue will go from 17 Flights a day to a range of 30-35 Flights a day by this coming Spring!!!!

Congrats Jetblue! Load factors out of EWR are excellent!!!

They're getting a third gate? That's great news! I would think 25-30 flights would be likely with three gates, but if they can do more then all the more power to them. I'd expect to see increased flights to Florida and a few flights out to the West Coast. They've been doing really well out of EWR (and have a higher yield than JFK flights), so I wouldn't be surprised to see additional flights very soon.

JetBluefan1

RAMPRAT980

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:33 am

Quoting Bigdrewfl (Reply 15):

Jet Blue has been using gate 16 for the past three weeks.
With gun control there can be no democracy.. With gun control there can be no Freedom

letsgetwet

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:41 am

Quoting JerseyGuy (Reply 9):
They don't fly to the cities you mentioned. Neither did Continental five years after it started business.

No airline did when they started flying. (1934)

letsgetwet

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:47 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 12):
not counting in FF miles or any other crap

What is "other crap"? Do you mean Bus/first, or real food?

Jerseyguy

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:52 am

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 21):
No airline did when they started flying. (1934)

Ok, fair enough. My point was that Continental is 70+ years old and Jetblue is 5.

Tornado82

Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:48 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 16):

But then again, I am not sure why every US airline has to serve every US city.

I agree with that, but my only point is that Chicago is the #3 city in the US and JetBlue doesn't even serve that, just overflying it (not literally, but by criss-crossing the US, figuratively) because they, like most other LCC's, are a NICHE AIRLINE. Jet Blue's niche is relatively premium service on East-West coast transcons, and then runs up and down those respective coasts (i.e. Florida). You can't compare Jet Blue to CO, nor can you do likewise with WN to AA, or any other crackpot comparisons A.net makes. They're niche airlines. That's why you don't see them running small props to places like ERI, and why you don't see them offering first class service and mileage upgrades for Transatlantic flights, they serve their niche, and most of them serve it quite well.

JBLUA320

Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 am

I dont think that new gate is an ex-song gate. When I flew song out of EWR, they used DLs gates in the B terminal (B42 I think).

JBLU

jetblueatjfk

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:41 am

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 22):
What is "other crap"? Do you mean Bus/first, or real food?

No I don't care about there First or food because I think airline food is garbage anyway, I am saying the connections they offer and all that stuff.

According to B6 Flight Tracker it says they use A18 for some flights during the day, not 16 like someone said before.

tommy767

Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:41 pm

Congrats to B6 at EWR, with making things more competitive. I never supported CO with their terminal A gates as other airlines are barely getting by with sharing other gates  banghead  EG: Airtran sharing United. I guess the war is on between CO and B6. The fact of the matter is until they serve LAX, I will not be flying B6 as my campus is only 5 minutes away from there and 30 mins from LGB. However flying from EWR to florida is a totally different case.

Regarding NYC-LA flights: I enjoy the AA Widebody service out of JFK for XC flights  cloudnine . CO is hands-down better than B6 on XC flights because they actually serve decent food (AND FOR FREE!!!!  coffee  Wink But I have heard good things about B6 on their XC routes.

Tommy in EWR/LAX
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

MiCorazonAzul

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 pm

You may not like CO, but let me know how your flight goes on B6 next time to try to travel from EWR to HKG, NRT, LGW, DEL, GRU, PEK, OSL, ARN, CPH, FRA, MAN, BHX, BFS, DUB, SNN, CGN, HAM, TXL, FCO, MXP, GLA, EDI, GVA, ZRH, MAD, LIS, BCN, AMS, BRU, BRS, CDG, MEX, SJD, ACA, PVR, GUA, LIR, STT, AUA, ANU, SXM, BDACUR, BGI, GCM, SDQ, POP, PUJ, KIN, MBJ, POS, GUA, SJO, PTY, UIO, GYE, LIM, BOG, BZE, FPO, YYZ, YVR, YHZ, YYT, YYJ, or YYC.

What about SRQ, DAB, CAE, CHS, BWI, DCA, IAD, IAH, DFW, SAT, MSP, DTW, MKE, HNL, MCI, STL, ORD, MDW, IND, CLE, CMH, SDF, BNA, SJC, ABQ, OKC, OMA, TYS, GRR, MSN, ORF, ALB, BTV, MHT, ACK, BDL, AVL, MYR, SAV, GSP, GSO, or JAX?

and CO started flying to all those cities 5 years after they started operations right?  Yeah sure

Incomparable because we have the best service over CO or any others. I would love to hear what is so great about CO's service? Is it the old cloth seats? The lack of PTV's? The TERRIBLE seat pitch compared to ours? The food for purchase in economy? What is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO great about it???? I dont see it.

Greyhound? No.....you're confusing JetBlue with Southwest there buddy. "the likes of CO" can't even begin to compare to our service. Let's face it, awhile back legacy carriers actually had good service. However, things have since changed and that's why we are coming out on top. We're offering a product that is the best compared to any other airline.
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

ARGinLON

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Micorazonazul????

Is that for B6? If it is, You cannot be serious mate...

COfaninBOS

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:41 am

CO doesn't make you pay for food in economy. They serve free meals at meal time.

Here's why I like Continental...

1) Great customer service, especially to elite members.
2) Business First and domestic first class and potential upgrades
3) A much better route network
4) OnePass
5) Sky Team membership
6) A great fleet (777, 767-400, new 767-200s, 757-300s, 757-200s, 737-900s, 737-800s, 73G, ERJs) and soon the 787.
7) I actually prefer to read on a plane and find that harder with 80 different screens flashing around me

MiCorazonAzul

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:50 am

Quoting ARGinLON (Reply 29):
Micorazonazul????

Is that for B6? If it is, You cannot be serious mate...

Its the name of my favorite JetBlue plane........

Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

Kahala777

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:52 am

Just a word to the wise there are a few more airlines at Newark than Continental Airlines. All of which offer many, many connections.

Air Canada, Air France, Air India, Alitalia, American Airlines, America West, British Airways, Delta Airlines, EVA Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia, Mexicana, Northwest Airlines, PrivatAir, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic and a great many more...

Airlines like Jet Blue compete with Amtrak and Greyhound. They would never be able to go toe to toe with the likes of CO

What a load of crap. You seem to be mixing your ideas of Continental Airlines with Singapore Airlines. One is a want-to-be full service airline, and one is a full-service airline.

Quoting COfaninBOS (Reply 30):
Here's why I like Continental...

Yawn, let your ranting begin!

CO doesn't make you pay for food in economy. They serve free meals at meal time.

Really is that what you call a fist size sandwich that is pre frozen?

5) Sky Team membership

Oh you mean the Bankrupt Skies Team with the likes of Delta, Alitalia, and Northwest Airlines.

7) I actually prefer to read on a plane and find that harder with 80 different screens flashing around me

Fly Northwest and you wont have anything at all!  Smile

KAHALA777

ikramerica

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:40 am

Tell that to the people from BUF, SYR, ROC, BTV, and soon RIC

That's silly. They are a NORTHEASTERN carrier that basically serves VACATION destinations. That's it. That's all they are. They are basically a point to point operation, though some people DO connect from smaller stations in the NorthEast. It's just not the same thing as a true hub style carrier like CO or AA.

Which is what I was pointing out about LGB. LGB is not a hub in the connections sense, so you won't be opening up ANY connections in CA by B6 opening LGB-EWR routes. It's what you claimed you wanted, and I was pointing out it AINT GONNA HAPPEN. Even if they do fly EWR-LGB at some point, that's all you'll get. A chance to terminate in LGB.

Confusing the issue doesn't change the reality.

And no, CO doesn't offer connections in LAX either (except to HNL). They just offer more points along California, the west coast and the mountain west that you can reach directly or through IAH from EWR. At a good price. With IFE and food and FF miles.

People can hope and pray and wish that B6 become more than that by taking one more EWR gate, but it doesn't look like they will any time soon.

If my travels take me to a place that Jetblue doesn't fly then I will do that. You like Continental, I like Jetblue.

Good. It just doesn't seem like you know much about B6, or you wouldn't have said it would open up the west coast to you by flying into LGB...

iowaman

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:57 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 33):
That's silly. They are a NORTHEASTERN carrier that basically serves VACATION destinations. That's it. That's all they are. They are basically a point to point operation, though some people DO connect from smaller stations in the NorthEast. It's just not the same thing as a true hub style carrier like CO or AA

They are a O&D oriented airline, however they are more than happy to have someone connect from those cities in New England.

Even if they do fly EWR-LGB at some point, that's all you'll get. A chance to terminate in LGB.

Correct, and the NYC-L.A. area has huge O&D, thus they shouldn't have a problem with people terminating in LGB.

Jerseyguy

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:18 am

People can hope and pray and wish that B6 become more than that by taking one more EWR gate, but it doesn't look like they will any time soon

All I hope for is that Jetblue will expand its flights out of EWR because it is closer to me. If it doesn't happen, I'll continue to go to JFK.

It looks like they just got an additional gate (A18), lets see what they do with it.

jetblueatjfk

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:34 am

Quoting Iowaman (Reply 34):
They are a O&D oriented airline, however they are more than happy to have someone connect from those cities in New England.

BUF ROC SYR are not in New England only BTV and soon BOS-JFK is a connecting flight from New England. Otherwise B6 was started on NY-Florida, with upstate flights to Florida connecting in JFK.

1) Great customer service, especially to elite members.

jetBlue has excellent customer service and that is what they offer, excellent CS, in the jetBlue books David Neeleman says that. Plus on jetBlue everyone gets same treatment (well it is same class but...) you don't have to get a nice seat and more expensive one to get nice treatment.

2) Business First and domestic first class and potential upgrades

That is nice but B6 is for Leisure and I agree with that for liking CO.

3) A much better route network

Well they are much older so obviously, B6 has a pretty good one for just 5 years old and it will most likely be huge in a long time.

5) Sky Team membership

Yes but 3 of those airlines are in Chap 11 and are downgrading on-board service so it isn't that prestigious beyond connections, where B6 has connections at JFK BOS and IAD from the cities they serve from there.

6) A great fleet (777, 767-400, new 767-200s, 757-300s, 757-200s, 737-900s, 737-800s, 73G, ERJs) and soon the 787.

Yes true but jetBlue has the newest fleet out there and the 190's are pretty cool. CO does have a cool fleet.

Ok but most of the flying public (leisure) has kids that by them watching tv is like heaven and most of the population like watching tv and watching movies and listening to radio, so you can do those 3 things on B6, plus if you want to read just turn off your tv and just don't get distracted by other tv's concentrate, lol.
---
See I do like CO and I feel both will exist on the routes, plus CO in my opinion is the best legacy out there b/c they are the only one that has kept all of its amenities and still has maintained its excellent service. B6 has great service to and is growing, they will both exist, many people love B6, many love Co, some love both, and both will stay!
I am not ranting on about B6 and neither is COfan really, just saying what he likes.
---
So back to gate situation, with B6's gate utilization they will be able to squeeze a lot of flights out of 3 gates and then if they grab any gate that comes up, they can get a good amount going out of EWR.

bigb

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:00 am

I must step in to say this now. Until B6 can fly me BDL-JFK-IAH or PVD-JFK-IAH, round trip, B6 isn't anyone to me.
ETSN Baber, USN

N908AW

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:52 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 8):

I'd strongly recommend re-thinking that statement.

No, he's right on. B6 is a great airline, but you can't compare them to CO, an airline that serves basically every decent-sized city in the South Central U.S. and basically every mid-sized city in the country, while B6 serves a few handfuls of large yield-producing destinations on the two coasts. It's fairly easy to see that B6 couldn't do what CO is doing know, and become ''toe-to-toe'' like he suggested.

[Edited 2005-11-07 23:53:39]
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!

jetbluefan1

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:43 am

I meant the comment of him comparing JetBlue passengers to the likes of those traveling on Amtrak and Greyhound. That's faux pas.

JetBluefan1

Tornado82

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:57 am

Quoting N908AW (Reply 38):
while B6 serves a few handfuls of large yield-producing destinations on the two coasts.

Florida to ___ (basically anywhere east of the Mississippi) is not "large yield producing." The yields on those runs are low, as a cause and effect of LCC proliferation on these routes. They are high volume runs though.

iowaman

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 am

Quoting BigB (Reply 37):
I must step in to say this now. Until B6 can fly me BDL-JFK-IAH or PVD-JFK-IAH, round trip, B6 isn't anyone to me.

B6 isn't anyone to a good chunk of the nation unfortunately.

Tornado82

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:04 am

Oh, but just read some of those "B6 E190 routes" threads, Iowaman. I'm sure that one of those E-Jets is even coming to CID if you read enough of them.  Wink

ikramerica

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:09 am

Quoting N908AW (Reply 38):
No, he's right on. B6 is a great airline, but you can't compare them to CO, an airline that serves basically every decent-sized city in the South Central U.S. and basically every mid-sized city in the country, while B6 serves a few handfuls of large yield-producing destinations on the two coasts. It's fairly easy to see that B6 couldn't do what CO is doing know, and become ''toe-to-toe'' like he suggested.

Yeah, we aren't putting B6 down. It's just their business to do these certain things, and it becomes a little tiring to hear people expect them to do OTHER things just because they are a media darling.

I like them too, though I've not flown them! I like the idea and their planes and what they provide, except their fares out of LGB and BUR are POOR compared to the competition, and they don't go to many places at all for me as an LA resident. And LGB is far away for me compared to LAX. But for who they are marketed to, they are great.

If I lived on Long Island, I'm sure I'd fly them. And if I still lived in Essex County where I grew up, I'm sure I'd end up flying them out of EWR to TPA since I have family there. But as a California resident, I'm not really jazzed about B6 because all they do is fly to New York for me, and again, not at a low price!

N62NA

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:23 am

Quoting MX757 (Reply 13):
The gates B6 are using in EWR are old Song gates. They pulled out last September.

Quoting Apodino (Reply 18):
You mean Song was in a different terminal than regular Delta, since Delta is in B, and if what you are saying is true, Song was in A? That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Quoting JBLUA320 (Reply 25):
I dont think that new gate is an ex-song gate. When I flew song out of EWR, they used DLs gates in the B terminal (B42 I think).

Correct. Song always flew out of the DL gates in B.

iowaman

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:37 am

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 43):
Oh, but just read some of those "B6 E190 routes" threads, Iowaman. I'm sure that one of those E-Jets is even coming to CID if you read enough of them. Wink

Oh yeah, I'm sure CID is on the high priority list for B6.  Wink

DETA737

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:22 pm

It's a bit silly to compare Jetblue to Continental. They're both different airlines with different business models. However, no one can say that Jetblue hasn't come far in it's short 5 year history. I think some the people here knocking Jetblue need a little refresher course on Continental's history.

I won't state where Continental was by 1934 but how about in 1974 forty years after being in business? They served Albuquerque, Amarillo, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Denver, El Paso, Hilo, Honolulu, Houston, Kansas City, Lawton, Los Angeles, Lubbock, Miami, Midland-Odessa, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, San Francisco, Seattle, Tuscon, Tulsa and Witchita. A total of 26 cities and with 11 other cities served by Air Micronesia, and not a single domestic city. No service to New York, Boston, Washington, Philadelphia and not a single international city (Micronesia doesn't count it was a U.S. Trust Territory). Yes I know the market wasn't derregulated but clearly this lack of service shows that Continental didn't have the political clout of the big four (AA, EA, TW, UA).

My point is that in 1975 none of us would have thought that Continental would get where it is today. At that time they were a relatively small trunk carrier serving the Western states. Comparing Continental to Jetblue today is just as ridiculous as it would have been comparing Continental to Pan Am or TWA thirty years ago. Give Jetblue a few more years because in my humble opinion they've achieved more in five years than Continental achieved in forty.

tommy767

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:13 pm

With all this talk of new planes and PTVs, I guess I'm the only person who actually enjoys flying on old 767s  checkeredflag 

This thread has seriously become a war between people who prefer B6 and those who prefer CO. As a college student and flying between the two coasts, I fly AA the most and that is entirely out of preference. Yet as a New Jerseyian I can voutch that most of peers and family fly CO almost everywhere they go. My point is people who like to fly cheaply and trendy are all for the new B6 service out of EWR while loyal CO flyers (especially business class passengers) are going to stick with CO at all costs. And then there are people who are going to look for the cheapest fare and fly whatever.

I really think what CO did at EWR at terminal C is an amazing thing. Just look at what EWR was 15 years ago! But I fly AA mostly because I have been a fan when I started flying them on occasion in the 90s, and now I fly everytime because they have a very mature base out of LAX. Plus I really try to avoid all the lines and delays at EWR by flying out of terminal A. Nevertheless, I sometimes fly CO on occasion (LAX-EWR 11/23)

Good luck to B6 at EWR, but watch out for CO. I'm sure they have something up their sleeve  Smile

Tommy in EWR/LAX
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA