zippyjet

Are We Better Off Now Then In Nov. 2000?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:12 am

Time for another opinion solicitation thread. Are we better or worse off than we were at this time in 2000? Of course I'm referring to the state of our industry commercial and general aviation? I'll save my opinions because, I want to hear yours. Time for a little debate!  airplane 
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

sccutler

RE: Are We Better Off Now Then In Nov. 2000?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:25 pm

I can speak for the state of the construction industry in north Texas (actually, the whole state), and tell you this much: these guys are so busy, they can't see straight, and right now there is no let-up on the horizon.

We are (here) pretty much at full employment; anyone who is not working here is just not interested in working, and entry-level construction jobs are going begging (and no, ain't nobody paying minimum wage).

Are we better off? The economy is certainly better by every rational measure, especially since, in November 2000, the economy was in a recessionary decline. Better now, then then, is that more of the employment is in legitimate and productive enterprise founded on revenue, rather than the large number of VC-fed speculative "jobs" (dot-bombs).

It is hard to know what might have happened had 9/11 attacks not occurred;I suspect we would have reached the current level of economic productivity a couple of years earlier. All angels on a pin at this point.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Lono

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:40 pm

Things are for sure worse for the Legacies... No more money to compete.. They are in survival mode these days... They may not make it... BILLIONS have been lost since 2000
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

Simpilicity

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:02 pm

Worse off. Having to pay all these taxes & charges & getting very little in return except for having time wasted at airports especially in the U.S.

Why is it that other countries can organise "security" so it causes minimal delays?