MarshalN
Topic Author

Idiotic Routing In Korea

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:59 am

Hi all, I am trying to look for tickets going to Pusan (PUS) in South Korea and my, it's a pain.

First of all, very few airlines fly direct to Pusan from outside the country. The timing of that flight doesn't really work very well -- I often have to stay in the airport for half a day, and it seems like the service is mostly a few times a week, not daily. Most of the flights require a stop in Seoul, which is ok, but the vast majority of them requires me to go from ICN to GMP to get on the second leg. I think KE is the only one that flies from ICN to PUS. It all seems rather silly to me, and I am wondering if I should just take the train down instead...

soups

RE: Idiotic Routing In Korea

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:08 am

What airport u flying from? and date?
OZ flies to Pusan
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

simairlinenet

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:21 am

Have you looked at Northwest via Tokyo? Daily service from both Hong Kong and Busan (I wish the spellings had not changed).

jm017

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 am

I think you may be better off taking the train. Most Koreans take either bus/train or drive to Seoul rather than fly direct to secondary cities in Korea. I would recommend the train. There are express and super express trains serving the country.

Check this site:

http://www.korail.go.kr/2005/eng/index.html

Hope it helps...
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

MarshalN
Topic Author

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:01 am

Hmmm, how come NW didn't show up in the Skyteam schedules page?

Weird...

Thanks though! It might be my most direct option.