Cadet57
Topic Author

"Airline" Tv Show Theme

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:49 am

Does anyone happen to know the band or artist that sings the theme to the SW show on A/E i know its "Leavin on a Jet Plane" just dont know the artist..

Cheers,
Justin
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

EMBQA

RE: "Airline" Tv Show Theme

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:51 am

Watch the credits roll next time and you'll get your answer.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

sideflare75

Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:01 am

Found this on-line somewhere:

A representative for A&E says the current theme song is called "Closer to You (37,000 Feet)," was composed by Mike Palmer especially for the series. It cannot be purchased anywhere.

The former theme song was the John Denver-penned "Leaving on a Jet Plane." (Slate once questioned the song's choice as a theme song by pointing out Denver died in a plane crash, though it was an experimental small plane, not a jet.) The peppy version of the song that "Airline" used was recorded by singer Jimmy Coup. You can't buy that song anywhere, either, but you can check out Coup's Web site for more on the singer himself. —G.F.C.

I didn't know they had a new one.

vega

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:38 am

Quoting Sideflare75 (Reply 2):
The former theme song was the John Denver-penned "Leaving on a Jet Plane." (Slate once questioned the song's choice as a theme song by pointing out Denver died in a plane crash, though it was an experimental small plane, not a jet.) The peppy version of the song that "Airline" used was recorded by singer Jimmy Coup. You can't buy that song anywhere, either, but you can check out Coup's Web site for more on the singer himself

Actually the most famous version of the complete song, as written by John Denver, was recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1969. It is still available in one of their albums.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

JRadier

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm

seeing we're into TV Themes here, I am looking for the theme of the BBC series 'Airport'
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

Venezuela747

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:30 am

I thought the theme song was "Come fly with me".....maybe thats the UK edition
ROLL TIDE!!!

mhodgson

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:33 am

Quoting Venezuela747 (Reply 5):
I thought the theme song was "Come fly with me".....maybe thats the UK edition

Yeah, the Us version was different.

The 'Airport' song I suspect was composed for the BBC. I know the BBC sometimes release their theme music on CD, it might be worth checking Amazon or a similar site to see if you can pick it up.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced