jumbojet

CDG Advise: One Day Spotting Trip Ideas Plz

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:14 pm

Good morning,

Going to be in Paris Nov. 20 to 23rd and staying at the Charles De Gualle Airport Hilton to to some plane spotting at CDG. Originally planned this trip to go to TLS for the airbus tour but is not offered on the days I am going, what a disapointment. So, instead of cancelling my trip, I would like to book a one day trip, for Nov 21 or 22, leave early in the morning frodm CDG and return the same day in the evening to an airport that is also good for spotting. Naturally, I am looking for something reasonably affordable on any legacy carrier or decent LCC.

Just looking to jump off the plane and be able to walk or take a taxi to a viewing station or similar. Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

jumbojet

RE: CDG Advise: One Day Spotting Trip Ideas Plz

Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:10 am

gonna give this one more shot before I let it die, any help out there is appreciated.

Pihero

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:59 am

from the Hilton, you're just a few hundred meters from CDG's spotters'corner.
At the hotel entrance, look to the left, walk past the car park until you come to trhe traffic light, turn right and you'll find yourself looking at a grassy knoll right in front of the North/South taxiways F and N overpass.
It seems it's been reopened to the public as I saw quite q few spotters there last Sunday.

Concorde will be on your right> In the evening it's quite a sight as there is some redblueorangeyellow lighting inside the engines, simulating afterburnig.
Enjoy.
Contrail designer

jumbojet

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:51 pm

thanks Pihero, Will definitely do that.

I have time to kill so I would like to do a one day trip somewhere from CDG to anywhere, and return the same day of course to CDG

I'd like to go to FRA but cant find anything cheap. November 21 or 22nd, if any A netters could help it would be appreciated. I'll fly any legacy or any reputable LCC. thanks.

[Edited 2005-11-19 06:03:45]