timberwolf24

Southwest To Have 29 Gates At MDW!?!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:51 am

I have done a search and did not find anything on Anet (unless it is buried in another thread).

I have seen on a couple different boards that the latest in the ATA bankruptcy case is that Southwest will be acquiring 4 more gates at MDW. ATA will also be returning 3 gates to the city of Chicago and keeping only one gate and using one other gate from the city on a as need bases. With the 4 additional gates Southwest will be add this will bring the total gate Southwest controls at MDW to 29. As Southwest typical has 10 flights per gate that would allow Southwest to potentially have 290 flights a day from MDW.

Does anyone have any info on this? Is this true Southwest gaining 4 gates at MDW? If true let the guessing begin on the new routes/cities Southwest will add from MDW.

Again this is what I have read on a couple of other board and do not have a link to any solid source for this info.
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!

OPNLguy

RE: Southwest To Have 29 Gates At MDW!?!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:57 am

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

leelaw

RE: Southwest To Have 29 Gates At MDW!?!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:18 am

Based on what I've read and heard, the City of Chicago isn't too keen on any more gates being allocated to WN.
Lex Ancilla Justitiae